26049 Posts in 4386 Topics - by 9624 Members - Latest Member: star scream22

Author Topic: [MOD] Universal System  (Read 9607 times)

Mattoropael

• View Profile
Re: [MOD] Universal System
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2017, 11:35:40 AM »
Is there any way to reliably obtain this module?  Likewise is there a way to prevent the obtaining of this module?  It'd be nice for the admins on my server, not so nice to have players abusing it.  lol

Got a little workaround here:

Only use the modified upgradegenerator.lua briefly, when only the admins are around to obtain it with the dev commands, then revert to the normal upgradegenerator.lua, but keeping universalsystem.lua around. This will keep any Universal System modules you have already created, but making it unobtainable through normal means.

Probably won't stop it from dropping when your ship is destroyed but frankly, something is wrong with you if you somehow get killed while having this installed...

BloodyMikey

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2017, 10:56:42 PM »
Hi i have a problem The mod is working and it is dropping from kills and but the problem is there is no tooltip at all

Spoiler: show

Hammelpilaw

• View Profile
    • Scrap Yard - Avofactory
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2017, 11:33:31 PM »
Spoiler: show

This looks to me like you are playing >0.12 beta? Maybe this mod is only compatible with 0.11.x, and needs to be adjusted for 0.12.x.

Sether0

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2017, 10:33:01 AM »
Mod is planned to be updated when version 0.12 becomes stable.

Feather

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2017, 11:21:45 AM »
Goog thing!

Could there is an option so it doesn't drop from kills nor sell at vendor?
I plan on using it as a core item for a "Purge Squad" to create a agressive administration fleet on a server. A good way to "kick" people when they talk trash ;)

Sether0

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2017, 01:17:39 PM »
Could there is an option so it doesn't drop from kills nor sell at vendor?

You can use the method suggested by Mattoropael:

Only use the modified upgradegenerator.lua briefly, when only the admins are around to obtain it with the dev commands, then revert to the normal upgradegenerator.lua, but keeping universalsystem.lua around. This will keep any Universal System modules you have already created, but making it unobtainable through normal means.

Probably won't stop it from dropping when your ship is destroyed

Feather

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2017, 07:00:51 PM »
Thank you, still that's kind of a jenky way. It would mean that each time I want to add a ship to this fleet, I would have to swap files, reboot the server, be sure there is no player, do my thing, reswap and reboot the server again.
Well I'll see if I could integrate your mod with some command-based item-spawning mods out there, would be a more practical solution imo ;)

plablo

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2017, 03:21:46 PM »
so if i want to change the numbers for more or less do i need to change the base value or the * 100 ?

Sether0

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2017, 12:27:08 PM »
so if i want to change the numbers for more or less do i need to change the base value or the * 100 ?

Only lines that contain the marking "base value".

raz334

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2018, 04:41:56 AM »
Hey, its a nice idea, but that module is so overpowered i just can't see using it.  Anychance of getting a weaker version, perhaps with actual varying qualities?

vid3ogam3play3r

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2018, 08:42:06 PM »
I just got this mod and all of the sudden, shields don't work... Why? How do I fix this?