18055 Posts in 2927 Topics - by 5402 Members - Latest Member: andreherberth

Author Topic: Dev Update: Alliances  (Read 485 times)

koonschi

• Developer
    • View Profile
    • Avorion
Dev Update: Alliances
« on: April 20, 2017, 07:43:13 PM »
Development Update
Let's do a quick update on what's happened so far with the alliances!

Over the last weeks I had to get a lot of backend and business stuff done so progress was sometimes a little slow and when there was progress, well, there was nothing that I could show since it's been background and database changes.

But now the backend coding is mostly done and I've started implementing more of the front-end features, which I will quickly show you here! Sadly, over the last weeks progress wasn't going just as well as I had hoped, but we're confident that we'll be releasing the update in the next few weeks. I'd love to be more specific on the release date, but there are always unforeseen problems in software development and I prefer finishing the next updates up nicely before pushing them into the beta branch to avoid frustration and bugs.

Alliances
Alliances will work like a faction. You can invite people to join your alliance, and from then on they can, depending on their permissions, contribute to that alliance and fly crafts of it, build and so on.

You can invite people over the members list which can be seen here:

And of course there's going to be an alliance vault, where you can store and items and resources. These items will be available to everyone building and flying alliance ships, so you'll be using up resources from the alliance when managing its ships.

Another nice and highly asked-for feature will be filtering in the inventories! I added a filter function which will match strings with the tooltips so you can highlight and easily find items you're looking for. I also drastically improved the performance of the inventory UI, so it's going to be a lot more fluid.

The filtering feature will be applied to all the occurrences of the inventory, including the building mode and the research station as well.

Links to all the pictures in high resolution so you can actually see something:

Alright guys, thanks for your attention and have fun! I'll go back to development of the alliances and all the other features we've planned for the update!
#define TRUE FALSE // happy debugging suckers

If you need help, please post in the forum, don't PM me. If there's something that only I can help you with, contact me via mail.

Fox

• View Profile
    • FoxDie Inc.
Re: Dev Update: Alliances
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2017, 08:26:00 PM »
thanks for sharing here, nice to see ...uhm, my Transporter on the pictures? how the update progresses...
...Another nice and highly asked-for feature will be filtering in the inventories!...
Hell yeah!! Any words for renamning already existing ships?
- Luck is no matter of coincidence or probability, but of attitude and perspective ! -

Galactic Mining Corp

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2017, 07:14:33 AM »
Just Curious, Does this update include ship to ship cargo UI improvements For example; the ability to move more than 1 item at a time?

AngryGames

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2017, 07:16:27 AM »
Heh, man, the filter will be almost as useful as the Alliances/friends stuff ;).

Just sat my best friend down today and helped him through the tutorial. Pretty sure he's addicted even after getting less than an hour to mess around (we were Eve pirate crew members for 5 of the 7 years I played it).

Rendelsiand

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2017, 11:56:26 AM »
I am looking forward to this update!  I like the idea of factions/alliances/guilds in games.  I guess I need to build a server box for when this comes out :D
I'm zipping around the galaxy with full collision and the velocity override module, I recommend it!