21185 Posts in 3575 Topics - by 7368 Members - Latest Member: NeoAva

Author Topic: Make the turrets bigger  (Read 312 times)

bowenq

• View Profile
Make the turrets bigger
« on: July 16, 2017, 09:55:14 AM »
Hello devs,

Right now I feel that all the turrets are way too small comparing with player's huge ship. Can you make the turrets bigger so they can match the ship size? Thanks.

jasonthebadger

• View Profile
Re: Make the turrets bigger
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2017, 04:09:57 PM »
They actually do get bigger the more DPS a weapon has.

Do a test of a 10 DPS Chaingun ( For example ) versus a 1000 DPS and you'll see  ;)

Unfortunately to get them the size you probably want means you'd have to increase the DPS of weapons ( quite a lot ) via modifying the game files and if your playing for the challenge, it will make you OP against anything that gets in your path ;D

nDervish

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2017, 12:28:54 PM »
Unfortunately to get them the size you probably want means you'd have to increase the DPS of weapons ( quite a lot ) via modifying the game files and if your playing for the challenge, it will make you OP against anything that gets in your path ;D

...unless you increase the DPS of all weapons, including those on hostile ships.  Rocket tag can be highly challenging, especially when you're outnumbered.

(And that basically ties into why my interest in Avorion is waning.  I've gotten up to The Barrier and everything now is so well-shielded that encounters are becoming "Lock on target.  Hold down fire button for five minutes to chew through shields and kill it.  Lock on next target.  Hold down fire button for five minutes..."  Simple HP inflation doesn't make a fight more challenging, it just makes it take longer.)

Zankastia

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2017, 09:22:35 PM »