20889 Posts in 3507 Topics - by 7094 Members - Latest Member: Rein

Author Topic: Full release moved to Q3 2018  (Read 1338 times)

Ny

• Community Manager
    • View Profile
Full release moved to Q3 2018
« on: August 01, 2017, 05:45:15 PM »
Dear Avorion players,

it's been six month since the game was released into Early Access and it's been an exciting and trying time. Thank you to everyone who's been with us since the beginning and welcome to all those who have joined us on the way. Avorion was originally scheduled to leave EA in the third quarter of this year. Unfortunately time flies, we have reached the third quarter and we can all agree that there is much more work to be done. The Alliance Update took longer than anticipated, the engine needs more work and there are balancing problems that need fixing - a big thanks to the community for pointing those out and sharing your insight.

Now, we could simply postpone the release date by a few months. However we want to be sure we can make the new date even if other unforeseen problems occur. We don't want to continue giving you an over optimistic estimation we'd have to adjust every time we hit a road block. That is why we have decided to move the full release of Avorion to Q3 2018. This will allow us to deliver you a high quality product containing all the features we initially planned and maybe some more.

We'll post the roadmap for upcoming updates in a few days, so stay tuned!

Thank you all for your support,
have fun!

[German version]
Veröffentlichung auf Q3 2018 verschoben

Liebe Avorion Spielerinnen und Spieler,

jetzt ist es schon sechs Monate her, dass Avorion in die Early Access Phase gestartet ist. In dieser Zeit ist viel passiert und wir danken allen, die uns von Anfang an begleitet haben und freuen uns über die vielen Neuzugänge. Eigentlich war der Plan Avorion im dritten Quartal dieses Jahres fertig zu stellen. Leider wird daraus nichts. Das Allianzen Update hat um einiges länger gedauert als geplant und auch in die Engine und das Balancing müssen wir noch mehr Arbeit stecken. An dieser Stelle ein großes Dankeschön an die Community für das viele Feedback.

Wir könnten die Veröffentlichung jetzt einfach ein paar Monate nach hinten schieben. Wir möchten aber  sicher sein, dass wir den nächsten Termin auch wirklich schaffen anstatt euch von einer überoptimistischen Einschätzung auf die nächste zu vertrösten wenn weitere unerwartete Probleme auftauchen. Darum planen wir jetzt Avorion im dritten Quartal 2018 zu veröffentlichen. Damit bleibt uns genug Zeit euch ein hochwertiges Produkt zu liefern, das alle geplanten Features enthält und vielleicht sogar ein paar mehr.

In ein paar Tagen posten wir die Roadmap mit den geplanten Updates für die nächste Zeit, also bleibt dabei!

Vielen Dank für eure Unterstützung
und viel Spaß!

Devious

• View Profile
    • Rusty's Galaxies and Community
Re: Full release moved to Q3 2018
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2017, 04:35:28 PM »
Thank you for the heads up and coming insight into the development process,
this should settle some concerns about the timeline and viability of the game.

I think most of us still have high hopes for the game, now that you guys show interest into keeping us informed, surely renews that hope for the game to reach near its full potential.

Keep up the good work, we will be waiting patiently :)

Dirtyredz

• David McClain - Dirtyredz
    • View Profile
    • Dirtyredz.com
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2017, 05:13:39 PM »
Love the game, Looking forward to future imporvments to the engine, and the games modding api.
David McClain - Dirtyredz
Programmer, Web Development, Modder
http://www.Dirtyredz.com

Jack_Miron

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2017, 05:58:42 PM »
Great game, great developers.

Hammelpilaw

• View Profile
    • Scrap Yard - Factory calculator
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2017, 08:50:10 PM »
Thanks for the informations Ny. It's a great game, and I rudimentary understand how hard it is to make this possible with such a small team of developers. Thanks for all the work  :)

I'm excited to see the roadmap.

OverthinkingThis

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2017, 07:04:42 PM »
 As much as I love the game I was somewhat worried about it not having enough pushing power to break into any kind if scene if it was released now, so I'm glad this decision was reached and I hope it gives you guys some breathing room. High hopes and best of luck!

Kostriktor

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2017, 01:56:45 PM »
Great game. take your time and keep it up !

MetalX

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2017, 11:19:54 AM »
To be real here, I have done everything in this game that there is to do.  I am now literally just mapping the galaxy, going from system to system to system in an endless cycle, revealing everything.

And I don't need to tell you just how utterly boring this process is.  This will only last for so long.  Even if you were to release this game now, all the poor people that buy it will come to this point, as well.

If you were to ask me, which we will note that you have not, I would say that this game is ONLY about 20% complete.  And I say that because I just feel there should be so much more here, more story, more explanation, more "things", more of EVERYTHING.  Seriously, if I started over, in just the span of ONE day, if I tried really hard, I could make my run to the center of the galaxy and see pretty much all there is to see in this game.  Derelict repairable ships?  The so-called "story" missions, random pirate and Xsotan encounters, the Guardian...  Yep, that about sums it up.  Seriously, everything there is to do in this game can be summed up in just one sentence.

Canute

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2017, 09:37:07 AM »
I would suggest not to mention a date for the final release. It is done when it is done, but sometimes it will be never done.
People allready playing and having fun.

Just mention a date for the next big update, so people can plan a vacation for that time ! :-)

Jack_Miron

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2017, 11:05:15 PM »

When new update. I cant wait.

Elvenwolf

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2017, 12:50:01 AM »
^^^ Give this dog... err user a cookie. Best reaction after reading OP and upcoming features.