23386 Posts in 3989 Topics - by 8545 Members - Latest Member: Loki98

Author Topic: Full release moved to Q3 2018  (Read 2847 times)

Cahotage

• View Profile
Re: Full release moved to Q3 2018
« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2018, 03:40:32 PM »
do you guys know that micro transaction are killer for gaming industry ?

like that damm war thunder ?

i rather have DLC.

As a mobile application developer and avid game player I'm going to have to disagree with you on this one.  Micro transactions are the new normal.  So long as a game/application gives you the ability to earn the same thing over time vs. purchasing it, micro transactions have proven to be wholly successful.  Games that suffer tend to be the ones where those upgrades only come through micro transactions with no ability to earn it in game.  It allows those with ample time to play games the ability to earn stuff without the expense, whereas people with schedules that don't allow for massive game hours are able to compete by using micro transactions.

SilverKnightGG

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2018, 09:39:54 PM »
Hmm, Q3 is actually sooner than I figured.  I know previously you had a date set much closer to now, but anyone who has tracked very many Early Access games knows that launch dates are very rarely made.

I sort of expected you guys to do the "push it back a month" thing, but this is probably the better route.  Still, I also kind of expect it to take until mid 2019 at least.  I am patient and don't mind waiting at all.  Plus it would give you extra time to find a way to fund a small advert campaign for the game's release, which I highly recommend.  There's no need to go full-conventional with it, but something better than word-of-mouth and relying on Steam is probably in your best interest.

Either way, good luck.  I'll be hanging around and testing things off and on the whole way.  You guys are refreshing compared to several other EA devs I've observed gravely mishandling their titles and ignoring their community or looking down their noses at them.  Keep up the good work!

Shrooblord

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2018, 12:23:15 PM »
Love the work you do on this fantastic game, devs. If it's down to me, take all the time you need. ;)
Shrooblord