24410 Posts in 4116 Topics - by 8894 Members - Latest Member: Asekhan

Author Topic: Crewmoral  (Read 365 times)

Delemus

• View Profile
Crewmoral
« on: November 26, 2017, 08:26:55 PM »
Hey,

after todays patch for crewmoral I had another problem. Looks like it's not using the actual work force of officers (for me it was leutnants) BUT the amount of them - making workforce above 1.0 per officer completely useless.

koonschi

• Developer
    • View Profile
    • Avorion
Re: Crewmoral
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2017, 08:39:41 PM »
Yes, we realized that and a new patch is already underway :)
#define TRUE FALSE // happy debugging suckers

If you need help, please post in the forum, don't PM me. If there's something that only I can help you with, contact me via mail.

Hammelpilaw

• View Profile
    • Scrap Yard - Factory calculator
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2017, 08:51:37 PM »
Ah just posted this in another topic (did not see this before). Nice to see it fixed soon  :)

Hammelpilaw

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2017, 07:12:42 PM »
Yes, we realized that and a new patch is already underway :)
Will it come soon? Currently i do not login cause i loose my whole crew on all ships and stations because of this bug.

koonschi

• Developer
    • View Profile
    • Avorion
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2017, 07:17:00 PM »
The patch fixing this specific issue is already live.
#define TRUE FALSE // happy debugging suckers

If you need help, please post in the forum, don't PM me. If there's something that only I can help you with, contact me via mail.

Hammelpilaw

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2017, 07:38:08 PM »
But a working power of 36 commander should be enaugh for 108 leutnants (not sure how to spell in english). It should be at 100%, but it is not as you can see on the screenshot. Same for generals.
Or did I mess anything up?

Kamo

• Cuddles float better in space~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2018, 09:49:38 PM »
Yup, it's still an issue. Need for lieutenants is based on the hypothetical need for sergeants instead of the actual number of sergeants, and so on ! It needs to be based on actual numbers once there is at least one crew member of the previous rank. It's a little complicated.

For example, with a ship needing 12 sergents, if 4 Level 3 sergeants (2,5x4 = 10 workforce) are recruited, the projected need would be 6 sergeants (the actual amount of sergeants plus the actual workforce difference), which would then show a need for 1 lieutenant (for the 6 sergeants) and 0 commander (instead of 3 lieuts and 1 commander if all sergeants and lieutenants were untrained).

This way, the UI would show, when empty, the amount of order-screaming idiots that the ship would theorically need, and when filling it up with said idiots, would treat professional order-screamers with the workforce amounts they actually confer while needing as much "superiors" as normal order-screamers, as for now, those 4 Level 3 sergeants actually need to be managed by as much lieutenants as 10 untrained ones (they must be really rowdy to need that much supervision :P), making professional order-screamers obsolete.
Colorize messages, with the colors of materials (from wiki) !
Ir #FFB380 Ti #FFFFFF Na #4DFF4D Tr #4D9AFF Xa #FFFF4D Og #FF8133 Av #FF2626