25695 Posts in 4313 Topics - by 9405 Members - Latest Member: SineWav3

Author Topic: Player owned resource station restocks the materials?  (Read 1319 times)

Cyka

• View Profile
Player owned resource station restocks the materials?
« on: January 10, 2018, 12:37:38 PM »
Is this intended? as if the resource station isn't useless enough, i deposited some materials and a few hours later they all resetted to 0, no chance for other players to buy them!

Cahotage

• View Profile
Re: Player owned resource station restocks the materials?
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2018, 04:07:17 PM »
Is this intended? as if the resource station isn't useless enough, i deposited some materials and a few hours later they all resetted to 0, no chance for other players to buy them!

Are you sure they weren't purchased by AI ships?

Hellatze

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2018, 06:37:09 PM »
sadly resource rarely restock.

very very rare.

never build resource depot.

Cyka

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2018, 08:29:41 PM »

Are you sure they weren't purchased by AI ships?

Im pretty sure Ai cant use resources, i never got any money from them purchasing either. Millions of ore i sold just vanished out of thin air. Originally i intended to sell it at my station so other player can buy them and i get some passive income

Cyka

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2018, 08:38:07 PM »
sadly resource rarely restock.

very very rare.

never build resource depot.

Well i dont mind they dont restock, i do mind however they somehow eat all the materials and set them to 0!

Shrooblord

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2018, 09:50:15 PM »
Hm, that's pretty poor. Have you checked to see if AI Resource Depot work like this as well? If you sell, say, 1000 Iron or something to an AI Resource Depot, is that 1000 Iron still there when you return to it, or is it also lost to the aether?
« Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 12:08:21 PM by Shrooblord »
Shrooblord

Hellatze

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2018, 05:30:05 AM »
Yes. It still there.

Shrooblord

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2018, 12:07:59 PM »
Okay, so player-owned Resource Depot are given special treatment for some reason, but that does mean that there should be disparity in the code somewhere where it deals with Resource Depot. Something in pseudo-code like "if this Resource Depot is owned by a player, don't stockpile goods".
Shrooblord

Cyka

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2018, 12:57:39 PM »
Okay, so player-owned Resource Depot are given special treatment for some reason, but that does mean that there should be disparity in the code somewhere where it deals with Resource Depot. Something in pseudo-code like "if this Resource Depot is owned by a player, don't stockpile goods".

Resource depot needs serious improvement ON TOP of the fix. Right now it is outright useless in singe-player and just nonexistent in general, i wouldnt mind the depot regularly buys or put some material in the stock for you to take, otherwise why even bother?

Hellatze

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2018, 01:08:30 PM »

Resource depot needs serious improvement ON TOP of the fix. Right now it is outright useless in singe-player and just nonexistent in general, i wouldnt mind the depot regularly buys or put some material in the stock for you to take, otherwise why even bother?

Excatly, the only reason you have this station are selling resource.

Nothing more than that if you buy all the resource.

So avoid building res depot.

(RIP my money) (i am rich anyway)

Shrooblord

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2018, 04:02:20 AM »
I'm guessing they put it in because they put all the other stuff in, too, and it's now in as a preliminary Station you can build. If it was the only Station out there you couldn't build yet, you'd be "but why not?"

Right now it is outright useless in singe-player and just nonexistent in general
Hang on, are you saying that if you create a RD inside a different faction's Sector, you still don't make any money for operating it? That sounds broken. I mean, I have no experience operating one so I wouldn't know, but I'd expect at least an income from NPCs coming up to it and trading for resources.
Shrooblord

Cyka

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2018, 01:52:09 PM »
I'm guessing they put it in because they put all the other stuff in, too, and it's now in as a preliminary Station you can build. If it was the only Station out there you couldn't build yet, you'd be "but why not?"

Right now it is outright useless in singe-player and just nonexistent in general
Hang on, are you saying that if you create a RD inside a different faction's Sector, you still don't make any money for operating it? That sounds broken. I mean, I have no experience operating one so I wouldn't know, but I'd expect at least an income from NPCs coming up to it and trading for resources.

Alot of the stations that arent obvious in trading are bugged. Smuggler's den for example GIVES NO MONEY IF YOU SELL STOLEN GOODS. They all literally disappear in thin air.

Shrooblord

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2018, 02:16:39 PM »
Oh, wow. I was planning on creating one of those in a dark Sector for... well... let's say additional funds to help further the progress of my Empire. Thanks for informing me.
Shrooblord

Hellatze

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2018, 06:40:22 PM »
Oh, wow. I was planning on creating one of those in a dark Sector for... well... let's say additional funds to help further the progress of my Empire. Thanks for informing me.

there is no empire yet.

probably a merchant enterprise. (who need a fix)

Shrooblord

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2018, 06:51:06 PM »
there is no empire yet.
Sure there is, buddo. It's called the Glorious and Magnificent Empire of Shrooblord the Magnanimously Marvellous, Praise Be His Kin. Its home sector is at -77: -162 in the Shroobiverse Galaxy. :P
Shrooblord