26304 Posts in 4431 Topics - by 9750 Members - Latest Member: Gethe1975

Author Topic: Repairing Ship Removes some Turrets  (Read 144 times)

Rockethrob

• Per Aspera Ad Astra
    • View Profile
Repairing Ship Removes some Turrets
« on: June 06, 2018, 11:29:49 PM »
Whenever I repair one of my ships on which turrets are mounted on the top and bottom yaw gyros, those turrets are removed - no matter what kind of turret is placed there. I can put them back on, so it's only a mild inconvenience. Has anyone else had this problem?
Per Aspera Ad Astra

Wanderer

• View Profile
Re: Repairing Ship Removes some Turrets
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2018, 07:51:08 AM »
Yep, had the sama issue, i think it is because the block on wich the guns are placed is damaged, but indeed its rather annoying if you have to replace the guns over and over again... just using the repair destroyed tool works for me if i can find all those blocks
You can learn without knowing, but never know without learning

Kamo

• Cuddles float better in space~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2018, 07:30:58 PM »
Maybe those gyros are intersecting a corner or edge blocks' cube.
Turrets that are on a sloped block's cube are uninstalled when the All Repair button is clicked, which makes most of the Tulipuzo's hardpoints uninstall their turrets on maintenance, annoyingly >:(.
I may remake the craft to make some hardpoints jut out while replacing maybe the center one with a torpedo launcher ::). (Not promising anything though.)
Colorize messages, with the colors of materials (from wiki) !
Ir #FFB380 Ti #FFFFFF Na #4DFF4D Tr #4D9AFF Xa #FFFF4D Og #FF8133 Av #FF2626

Rockethrob

• Per Aspera Ad Astra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2018, 06:44:50 PM »
The gyro is at the apex of the vertical axis of the ship and is adjacent to armor wedge blocks on four sides. The exposed side meets the turret. What you say may indeed be the case. It's a minor inconvenience, and this is the only ship on which it seems to happen.
Per Aspera Ad Astra