20893 Posts in 3507 Topics - by 7107 Members - Latest Member: Harris4332

Author Topic: [EU&US] Rusty's Universe Servers [Semi-Vanilla|PvE/CorePvP|Semi-OP] Updated 29/7  (Read 12919 times)

Devious

• View Profile
    • Rusty's Galaxies and Community
Re: [EU] Rusty's Galaxy [Semi-OP|PvE/CorePvP] Updated: 17/4
« Reply #45 on: April 29, 2017, 06:50:05 PM »
Hi,
just wanted to try out your server, but the modpack is not available anymore. The download is broken.

Thank you, I have updated the link. (https://we.tl/Qz3NSQz85k)

You can also download it through our Discord, which we use for our community.

Ravic

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 12, 2017, 01:53:24 PM »
Hey,

I really like what you are doing! :)
All the mods and the updates for the server is really great and me with 3 of my friends are thinking about giving up our own dedicated server and move to yours.

But one of us raised the concern that what if you decide to shut it all down and we (and all other ppl you have playing on your server) will loose all their content/farmed resources/most loved ships...

Given the game is very new, still in EA... it can be hard to predict the future... but we with my friends still have very high hopes for it and we hope that many will join Avorion in time. :)

So my question is that this server's owner and his team is willing to put into all the effort it will take to keep it up until the game releases and beyond? :) What do you guys think about the future of Rusty's Galaxy?

Devious

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 12, 2017, 05:17:38 PM »
Hey,

I really like what you are doing! :)
All the mods and the updates for the server is really great and me with 3 of my friends are thinking about giving up our own dedicated server and move to yours.

But one of us raised the concern that what if you decide to shut it all down and we (and all other ppl you have playing on your server) will loose all their content/farmed resources/most loved ships...

Given the game is very new, still in EA... it can be hard to predict the future... but we with my friends still have very high hopes for it and we hope that many will join Avorion in time. :)

So my question is that this server's owner and his team is willing to put into all the effort it will take to keep it up until the game releases and beyond? :) What do you guys think about the future of Rusty's Galaxy?

Thank you for your questions, I didn't elaborate on this in the server description but to settle your concerns, we don't have plans on shutting down anytime soon.

When we started with the server we decided to atleast wait it out untill the release and see from there. This was back when I started the server with a friend, who dropped out unfortunately due to personal reasons, which put the full load and costs on me.
Luckily a few members of the community helped me out a little with the server costs so that I didn't have to pay for it on my own which makes me feel obliged to atleast continue untill the release of the game and I'm confident that we will be able to keep the server running with the help of donations as we have a nice group of players in our community that want the best too.

Do note that we have a server wipe planned when the alliance update comes out in a few weeks so that everyone can start out fresh with the new gameplay element that alliances will bring.

I hope to have answered your questions, if you have more, feel free to contact me here or on our Discord ;)

Devious

• View Profile
Re: [EU] Rusty's Galaxy [Semi-OP|PvE/CorePvP] Updated: 12/5
« Reply #48 on: May 12, 2017, 05:28:24 PM »
It looks like the Alliance update is still a few weeks out but Koonschi has given us a little more insight into the delay but it seems to be for the good as he promises some nice server performance improvements.

In the meantime Dirtyredz has been working hard on a server manager/interface which makes managing the server a lot easier as we can see all kinds of data through the web-interface. This isn't only useful to us admins but also to you players, as you can see the galaxy and faction maps, server graphs, together with the chat and online players.
We are very curious towards your findings and any input you have on how it can be improved, you can access it through http://46.105.107.6:8080/.

I've added a feedback channel to Discord, which can now be used to give feedback on any changes we make to the server, positive or negative. We will also use this channel to ask about specific changes we make as we noticed that messages in the general chat sometimes get overlooked.

v3.5 changes:
- Regenerative Asteroids updated to new version that allows for more balanced respawning
- Updated Crew modules to have better math in stats for big ships
- Updated Permissions Overview, this should fix the bug with transferring from one ship to another
- Re-enabled the creation of utility stations, their price is also more balanced now towards their use and the incoming factions update
- Further balancing of NPCs, again very curious towards the experiences with them
- PvP protection wasn't working so we reverted back to the original version, this only protects the players ships and stations in the sector the player logs off in
- Donators can try out the new QoL mod FleetControl accesible through /fleetcontrol

Download the latest modpack v3.5 here: https://we.tl/yna3P0AXwR

Ravic

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 12, 2017, 09:09:06 PM »
Hello Devious,

This is all really great news. I don't mind the fresh start either, but it's very toughtful of you to mention that. :)

We have decided to go with you, so you will see 3 hungarian flags on that webadmin for sure. :)

On another note: I'm a sysadmin myself actually for like 10 years so maybe I can help you with stuff and I don't mind paying for something that brings much more fun then the standard stuff. So we'll see what happens in the future with modding and everything. :)

We are really hopeful and thanks for taking this seriously. :)

CptTrips

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 23, 2017, 12:11:09 PM »
hi,

the link to the modpack isnĀ“t working any more?

got it from discord.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2017, 01:05:54 PM by CptTrips »

Devious

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 12, 2017, 05:16:02 PM »
The server has been wiped and updated for the Alliance patch so everyone can start out fresh.

We need to go over each mod and see if they still work so untill then the mods are disabled, the server settings have been transferred so you can get a little headstart if you like!

Ravic

• View Profile
Re: [EU-Beta] Rusty's Galaxy [Semi-OP|PvE/CorePvP] Updated: 12/6
« Reply #52 on: June 16, 2017, 07:33:16 AM »
Hey,

There won't be any more wipes when the beta is over, right? :)
I mean when this patch comes down from the beta branch and goes to full release.

Devious

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 16, 2017, 02:12:17 PM »
Hey,

I mean when this patch comes down from the beta branch and goes to full release.
We are not 100% as we ran into some troubles with corrupted data, we might do a wipe when this patch hits the stable branch. The problems we found so far were fixable luckily, so we might not have to.
It's best either way to follow the discussion on Discord so we can find a way together ;)

Ravic

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 16, 2017, 04:41:33 PM »
Hey,

We are not 100% as we ran into some troubles with corrupted data, we might do a wipe when this patch hits the stable branch. The problems we found so far were fixable luckily, so we might not have to.
It's best either way to follow the discussion on Discord so we can find a way together ;)

Fair enough, thank you for your answer! :)
We are gonna start playing today and building our little virtual empire. :)

Devious

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 11, 2017, 09:32:05 PM »
A lot has happened since my last update here on the forums so I'll be reworking this whole page in the coming days.

We have also opened a second server to reduce the load of the main server, it has the same settings and you can find the IP for now by clicking on the banner below.

The modpack on this page is outdated, please join our Discord to find the latest version.

Devious

• View Profile
The forum description has been updated, from now you can only find our modpack through our Discord to prevent issues with older modpacks.

I will be reworking the website in the coming weeks to include all the accurate data aswell, untill then this stays the most accurate description of our servers.

Edenlt

• View Profile
modpack deleted :( can i have link for it?

Devious

• View Profile
You will find it in the information channel on our Discord!
https://discord.gg/AkGe7ke

Devious

• View Profile
US Server added to Rusty's!
« Reply #59 on: July 29, 2017, 10:34:28 PM »
Thanks to the lovely contributions of our donators we have been able to get a second server, hosted in the US!
We considered upgrading the current server to an overclocked beast first but the difference in costs from the current server was almost as much as the costs for the US server so we decided to get that instead, given that there have been quite some requests for one by our players from the States.
I'm curious what this will do with the performance and experience for players from the US, the server itself is a test also due to the increased costs but I'm confident w'll be able to manage for a while!

The US server will start out with a modded galaxy with CorePvP, I have doubled the starting resources to accomodate the fresh wipe and our inability to transfer previous progress.
You will also have one active sector extra per player untill the performance becomes problematic.
I have set the server live, you can connect through: 69.30.246.170

Again a big thanks to our donators, without your support this wouldn't have been possible!

Due to a few bugs on the client I have also compiled a new modpack, you can download it from our Discord and the servers have been updated accordingly.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2017, 10:38:22 PM by Devious »