26032 Posts in 4384 Topics - by 9613 Members - Latest Member: Kelarius

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Mods / [Question] RCS thruster effect modification?
« Last post by NikolaT on Today at 12:37:26 AM »
Is it possible to modify the particle effects from the RCS thrusters to be more realistic-looking? I havent done a comprehensive dig into the game files and I was wondering if someone might be able to point me in the right direction if this is indeed possible.

What I want to do is to change the particle colors for all thruster types to be the same color, and I want to modify the particle lifetime and size behavior. The existing sprite for the particles will probably work, so I am planning to leave it as-is.
Mods / Re: [Mod] Avorion Commands Package (/inventory, /crew, /sethome and more)
« Last post by Playnot on May 24, 2018, 06:04:17 PM »
For some reason I can't seem to get above the number 12 when trying this out, 12 is Tesla Gun and after that, any number adds a Tesla gun. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

try insteed the number the full name.

ForceGun
SalvagingLaser
PulseCannon

I tried, but it didn't work sadly. ForceGun adds a Lightning Gun, SalvagingLaser adds a Tesla Gun and PulseCannon throws an error message "Could not identify weaponType"
Mods / Re: [MOD-Plugin] Loot Collection for Carrier Command
« Last post by Hebiko on May 24, 2018, 12:38:56 PM »
Noticed that when this command is active (and checked the lua code to confirm my suspicions) it generates invisible blocks of wreckage to tell the fighters what position to go. The problem is that my ship's salvage turrets pick these up and immediately destroy them, causing the fighters to do loops. While it works fine if I leave my ship out of range, it's irritating none the less.
User Guides / Re: [Guides] NerArth's Guides
« Last post by NerArth on May 23, 2018, 11:35:04 PM »
Yeah I agree, You don't want to make the basics guide to dense, but you can make it that you have two different guides attached to each other, ( Basics Guide -> Expert Guide ) or something like that so you can talk more heavily about the game and what you can do in it.

Also about the alliances you should add stuff like how to create the alliance, Where to find invites to an alliance, how to invite people to an alliance, how the ranking system works and that you can change the permission they have etc. Explain each alliance tab.

Another good thing to add is how to whisper to someone in chat or talk in alliance chat, /a ( press space ) or /e etc. All very useful things to know when joining a multiplayer server. ( And also how the mailing system works )

It's kinda hard to explain how the game works without going into too much detail, because they might start to ask a lot of questions and try to find other guides. ( I kinda feel like the guide is limited when you say Basic Guide ). You could make it look like there's much less writing to read through and do the same thing you did with the table of contents, like when you click Turrets it opens up a sub-table of contents and do that for everything. It's always been a problem with guides for me that they always look like to much of a hassle to read with all the writing and I know you're trying to keep it short too so might as well space everything out ( It might be a bit of a hassle to do but it would make the guide much easier to go through ).

I know exactly what you mean, since I do find it a bit annoying with some guides too, especially ones with poor english or poor structure in general; I like your idea of expanding sub-tocs but I have to see how I might implement that. I do feel like there's a lot of scrolling to be done, and I'd like the toc to be a sidebar kind of thing. I'll be thinking about this!

But anyway, thanks for your feedback, it's very helpful, and I'll continue making changes and thinking on how I'll structure other guide stuff in the future.
No idea what cargo shuttle is doing in a weapons list, but this is the list version i'm currently using. Works for all current weapon types afaik.
Pretty sure would need something different for torpedoes or cargo shuttles, given i'm almost certain they're part of a different enum.
Code: [Select]
{function (str) return str:find("^[cC]ha") end,  0, "ChainGun"},
{function (str) return str:find("nse[cC]") end,  1, "PointDefenseChainGun"},
{function (str) return str:find("nse[lL]") end,  2, "PointDefenseLaser"},
{function (str) return str:find("^[lL]as") end,  3, "Laser"},
{function (str) return str:find("^[mM]in") end,  4, "MiningLaser"},
{function (str) return str:find("^[pP]la") end,  5, "PlasmaGun"},
{function (str) return str:find("^[rR]oc") end,  6, "RocketLauncher"},
{function (str) return str:find("^[cC]an") end,  7, "Cannon"},
{function (str) return str:find("^[rR]ai") end,  8, "RailGun"},
{function (str) return str:find("^[rR]ep") end,  9, "RepairBeam"},
{function (str) return str:find("^[bB]ol") end,  10, "Bolter"},
{function (str) return str:find("^[lL]ig") end,  11, "LightningGun"},
{function (str) return str:find("^[tT]es") end, 12, "TeslaGun"},
{function (str) return str:find("^[fF]or") end, 13, "ForceGun"},
{function (str) return str:find("^[sS]al") end, 14, "SalvagingLaser"},
{function (str) return str:find("^[pP]ul") end,  15, "PulseCannon"},
{function (str) return str:find("^[aA]nt") end,  16, "AntiFighter"},

I tried spawning the Cargo Shuttle thing, the game gave me an anti-fighter turret. The flak one.
Mods / Re: Custom Races/factions [wip - proof of concept]
« Last post by SiotiK on May 23, 2018, 08:11:01 PM »
hallo an alle :)

ich habe eine frage.

Ich habe den Xsotan einen Schiffsbauplan zugeordnet und das hat auch wunderbar funktioniert.

Das schiff besitzt einen Hangar und genug platz für viele Jäger.

kann ich den schiffen noch Jäger hinzufügen ?

Hello everyone :)

I have a question.

I have assigned the Xsotan a shipbuilding plan and that worked fine too.

The ship has a hangar and enough space for many fighters.

Can I still add fighters to the ships?
For some reason I can't seem to get above the number 12 when trying this out, 12 is Tesla Gun and after that, any number adds a Tesla gun. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

try insteed the number the full name.

ForceGun
SalvagingLaser
PulseCannon
User Guides / Re: [Guides] NerArth's Guides
« Last post by Gontarekt on May 23, 2018, 06:11:08 PM »
Yeah I agree, You don't want to make the basics guide to dense, but you can make it that you have two different guides attached to each other, ( Basics Guide -> Expert Guide ) or something like that so you can talk more heavily about the game and what you can do in it.

Also about the alliances you should add stuff like how to create the alliance, Where to find invites to an alliance, how to invite people to an alliance, how the ranking system works and that you can change the permission they have etc. Explain each alliance tab.

Another good thing to add is how to whisper to someone in chat or talk in alliance chat, /a ( press space ) or /e etc. All very useful things to know when joining a multiplayer server. ( And also how the mailing system works )

It's kinda hard to explain how the game works without going into too much detail, because they might start to ask a lot of questions and try to find other guides. ( I kinda feel like the guide is limited when you say Basic Guide ). You could make it look like there's much less writing to read through and do the same thing you did with the table of contents, like when you click Turrets it opens up a sub-table of contents and do that for everything. It's always been a problem with guides for me that they always look like to much of a hassle to read with all the writing and I know you're trying to keep it short too so might as well space everything out ( It might be a bit of a hassle to do but it would make the guide much easier to go through ).
Mods / Re: [Mod] Avorion Commands Package (/inventory, /crew, /sethome and more)
« Last post by Playnot on May 23, 2018, 02:49:04 PM »
Gameplay Discussion / Re: Question about Quad/Triplle/Double Turrets
« Last post by DivineEvil on May 23, 2018, 02:47:50 PM »
Yup. Tho you must agree that Quad Cannon looks simply much better than single one on lets say... Imperial Star Destroyer Victory II, when i saw that in workshop my inner child almost cried from happines, since im huge SW fan :) Sadly plasma weapons are kind hmm trashy, and laser ones does not seem like Turbolasers so yeah... Cannon and Launchers all the way.
Personal preference. I'd prefer Triple cannons, and I'm more concerned with the overall geometric appearances of weapons. I'd rather prefer for weapons of higher tier materials to have more high-tech look and textured by the materials they're made of, and of course for being able to paint them the same way the block can be, that to have some sort of control over turret barrel count.

By they way, Plasma is not trashy. It's a 2-slot weapon, that shreds shields (approx +200% damage), similar to Tesla (1 slot) and Lightning (4 slot).

On topic of Workshop ships, do anyone knows how the heck did they manage to hide those pesky Yellowish(Xanion)/Blueish(Trintium) patterns?  When i tryed to recolor some ships from their cameo the original pattern has shown up again and i cant do anything with it :/
This was probably achieved by manually clearing or deleting the "_overlay.png" files, in the Avorion's Data/Textures directory, that are responsible for these features. Trinium has no pattern overlays.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10