23400 Posts in 3989 Topics - by 8554 Members - Latest Member: JoeRollz

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Mods / Re: [MOD PACK] Galaxy Mods: Balance & Difficulty Mods *NEW*
« Last post by Wayleran on Today at 06:28:00 AM »
Hey Wayleran,

First off: I liked the Economy Mod...

Well, since I don't need to totally abandon it, I posted a standalone version of it in it's own post. This is a NEW version of it also that's much more reasonable. I only modified a selection of highly priced goods by 2x-3x max. This will curb some of the raiding profits you'll receive and make trading a bit more challenging but not really affect anything in a negative way I think.

You can find that post here: http://www.avorion.net/forum/index.php?topic=4408.msg23351#msg23351

For instance, things like Body Armors went from about 1.5 to 4.5 and War Robots went from about 8 to 24 just as a couple of examples. But those things are also of lower importance too. If something was highly priced AND had high importance, I either left it alone or modified it very slightly (less than 2x).

See how this feels and tell me what you think.

I am however working on, what I feel, is an EVEN BETTER SOLUTION! I'm going to look into making ALL items that come from destroyed cargo vessels and stations be marked as "Stolen". This will mean you'll HAVE to either sell them to a Smuggler Hideout for 25% of their value OR debrand them for 50% of their value, essentially cutting the profits down by 50%...

This I think may be a more elegant solution if I can do it. You'll still get all the goods you would have but you'll have to decide whether to sell them stolen for a substantial discount OR debrand them to use for yourself or resell to another station.
Mods / Re: [MOD][BiB-A] Bigger Asteroids V1.4.0
« Last post by douglasg14b on Today at 05:41:34 AM »
I made a few changes to this mod if you want to integrate any. Instead of modifying the types of fields directly, I added a few variables to control the size of asteroids, as well as the resource probability. I feel like this makes for a cleaner asteroid field, and makes it somewhat configurable by the player.

You can now set resource asteroids to be a certain multiplier bigger, and non-resource ones to be a different multiplier.

Just going to trow in my 2 cents here, while I am against removing boost I do think it should be effected by the hyperspace blockers. I have had points in the game where I am in my tradeing vessel and a decent sized group of pirates or pissed off Xsotan spawn directly on top of my very slow, very vulnerable ship. If I had no boost that ship, the goods, and all the time spent building up to that point will vanish. While this may not sound too bad to a well established player, I would say look at it from the perspective of a new player in a galaxy.
« Last post by Wayleran on Today at 04:10:12 AM »
Hey Wayleran,

Very nice ModPack. I haven't played vanilla a lot so i don't know if i'm aware of what all your changes actually mean but i like the spirit.

First off: I liked the Economy Mod, i think im playing 0.15.7.2a where it was still included. If i understand correctly the volumes for goods are higher in this version than in vanilla. Which forced me to build a bigger cargo transporter and that felt pretty cool.

I felt salvaging got a lot more profitable, not credit-wise but since all ships are stronger (they are, aren't they?) the wreckages have much more ress. But again, only been playing this game for a week or so..

Also, do your mods turn the Xsotan automatically into enemies?

Hey bud. Welcome to the game and the forums and thanks for the kind words.

I decided to abandon the economy mod because, as I stated earlier, the effect on the overall game wasn't that noticeable and/or positive. Also you really NEED those extra credits AND goods to get heavily into station and sector building, so ultimately I felt the changes were unwarranted.

As far as the Xsotan, no my mods don't automatically turn them into enemies. They always appear first as "neutral" upon entering the sector than get hostile on their own. The dev felt like that reflects their mysterious, unknown nature but of course after you first run into them, they're no longer really "unknown", right?! LOL

I did change their names to what I think are cooler sounding names like "Xsotan Hunter/Reaver/Dreadnought/Mothership" instead of the default "Small/Big Unknown Ship". That's just a cosmetic change however but I think it's cool.  8)

My mod does make them BIGGER and STRONGER though. In vanilla Xsotan ships are meant to spawn as 0.5x the volume of an average ship and 0.75x the dps...

I felt that they shouldn't be measly little ships with low dps, so I simply changed those calculations to both be essentially 1x to an average ship in the sector. Now during an "Alien Attack" the Hunters are 1x, the Reavers are 2x, the Dreadnought is 3x and the Mothership is 5x... but I'm still testing out those numbers because too small and you cut through them like butter and too BIG and the fights can drag on and become tedious.

The newest version though is 0.15.7.4 that I just posted and is MUCH better IMHO than those older ones. Combat/Events and the Systems mainly are much more fun and balanced. So I'd recommend you update to that mod and check back often too. I'd do a full reinstall of Avorion so you're modding a "fresh" set of scripts to undo any old/obsolete mods that may still be in there. But let me know what you think and thanks for the feedback.

P.S. - You won't lose your ships or galaxies by uninstalling and reinstalling Avorion but since I changed a lot of the systems mods and no longer have modded versions of the non-combat related systems, it's just a good idea to go back to vanilla first then re-mod.
« Last post by Avorimon on Today at 03:49:28 AM »
Hey Wayleran,

Very nice ModPack. I haven't played vanilla a lot so i don't know if i'm aware of what all your changes actually mean but i like the spirit.

First off: I liked the Economy Mod, i think im playing 0.15.7.2a where it was still included. If i understand correctly the volumes for goods are higher in this version than in vanilla. Which forced me to build a bigger cargo transporter and that felt pretty cool.

I felt salvaging got a lot more profitable, not credit-wise but since all ships are stronger (they are, aren't they?) the wreckages have much more ress. But again, only been playing this game for a week or so..

Also, do your mods turn the Xsotan automatically into enemies?
Mods / Re: [MOD/FIX] Fix disappearing Gates (need a little help)
« Last post by Avorimon on Today at 03:25:00 AM »
Thanks a lot!

Didn't know about the Documentation folder  ;)

I put my code in the DefaultSector.Initialize() function but nothing changed in the game. Then i tried print() and printlog() from inside the function but saw nothing in-game or in the log file.

Now i'm not sure if it runs my code at all or if my code changes are even recognized. I restarted avarion each time and saved the lua file before that. It's only server-side and i'm running a single player game but that shouldn't make a difference, right?
« Last post by Wayleran on Today at 03:13:22 AM »
Update 1/22/2018: Version 0.15.7.4
    - Both shield upgrades have been reworked to offer DISTINCTLY different benefits so a player will likely want to have at least 1 of each equipped.
    - Shield Boosters now require less energy but also have less "Shield Durability" and always have "Shield Recharge Rate" with the possibility of the crucially important "Upon depletion: Recharges 25% of your shield." bonus!
    - Energy to Shield Converter upgrades are now THE way to get higher end "Shield Durability" benefits. In vanilla they offered little benefit over the Shield Boosters, but now both are different and work well together.
    - Turret upgrades have been reworked to require slightly less energy, but are still costly at higher rarities to balance out end game dps potential.
    - Alien Artifacts now have no energy costs, except for the turret and shield related ones.
    - Added "+2 unarmed" to Artifact IV so it's now +5 armed, +2 unarmed. This change was to keep it valuable even compared to a normal "+5 turret" counterpart.
    - Artifact V is now a +60%/-35% Energy to Shield Converter which is slightly more energy efficient than a normal legendary upgrade with that Shield Durability bonus.
    - Some Pirate and Xsotan ships seemed to be a bit TOO big and fights were slightly more tedious than they were fun. So some of those ship's volumes were modified slightly to still offer longer encounters and challenge while not being too "grindy".
    - Slightly increased the volume of spawned "traders" in the "Trader Attack" and "Convoi Distress Signal" events so they were able to survive a bit longer and give players time to "save" them. Also the spawned trader ship in the Trader Attack event will spawn more towards the center of the sector with the pirates usually trailing behind "on their tails" so it will be easier for players (and even alliance ships) to come to the rescue instead of having to fly too far out first.
Bugs / Re: [0.15.7] Weird Multiplayer Disconnect/Ship Duplication
« Last post by ID-ASP on Today at 03:06:03 AM »
It also leads to the complete death of the server.
We managed to have several duplicates in one sector, as a result, when entering the sector, the server simply died, cleaning the sector did not help, we had to completely wipe the server.
we are playing there nice host no lags good guys... +10 Rep
Translations / Re: [ Dutch ] Translation Review Requested
« Last post by Corviuse on Today at 01:26:57 AM »
At first guys im glad to see you doing this things... nice work.
i translated game into turkish all by myself... and i had realy hard times....
* Turret / Tower  Luckyly we have something "Taret" for guns with movable heads...
* Discarded "the" word from all because there is no such thing in turkish like "the" Ex: Ship = Gemi , The ship = Gemi. Same thing.
* Notice n Beware Plurals. Ex: "Tool" - "Tools".  in TR: "Alet" - "Aletler"
In sentence : "need 5 tools" or  "need 1 tool"
In Turkish : "5 adet Alet gerekli" or "1 Adet Alet gerekli" used with "Adet" = "Pcs". Just think in a different way proper to your language.
we dont using plurals in plural sentences Weird... anyways..
* There are possessive things like "Of the" or " Of" Now things getting realy complex.. in TR we have "nin" "nun" "nan" "nın" "nen" etc etc...
Just change your perspective. State sentence's meaning.. u will see lots of  "Of bottan" "of Xsotan"
*** Few things *** hope they will be helpfull
- i tried to make fixings on translate before i finished the whole translation - Fucked up badly do not do that. Finish translate and start your fixings.
- While doing corrections started from main menu and than i jump into a creative game and played whole game. Every time Stoped when i found a miss text or spelling error. i fixed it and returned to game.
- There are some internal errors in game, some of those sentences are not declared in po files. so dont be mad about it.
- sometimes game not reading your translated senctences idont know why. but dont worry just restart. it works!!
- Hope everything goes well!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10