16571 Posts in 2728 Topics - by 4924 Members - Latest Member: durizap

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Off-Topic / Re: Use dropbox to host screenshots
« Last post by unbekannt1984 on Today at 07:42:31 PM »
Hi,

you don't need Dropbox or anything else for a few screenshots.

Let me explain you how I do it:

1. Upload within Steam,
2. open the screenshot in Steam (big preview with comments on the side),
3. left-click - copy link location (link looks like this: https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/169289173820567251/26E8C88E6D335BC64E293054F2B2310943413A76/)
4. put that link in the middle of Image-Tags here, you are done :)

And there is one:
Feedback / Re: Patch 0.11.0.7844 frame-rate issues?
« Last post by darkconsole on Today at 07:41:52 PM »
i have noticed these things as well.

my most noticable is a framerate hit while docking, ai ships moving jerky, deleting blocks they turn red and take ~40sec to vanish, and really big asteroids like 70k+ when destroying them they take forever to actually visually update to reflect the mining done to it.
Suggestions / Re: [req] mothballing
« Last post by LordMaddog on Today at 07:38:29 PM »
I agree a ship should not decay beyond the % of mechanics you have.

IE: so if my ship required 3 mechanics  and I only have 2 it should not fall below 2/3s life.
Mods / Re: [MOD]Custom Factions Mod[Mod + Resource]
« Last post by Devious on Today at 07:05:14 PM »
The fix indeed worked :)

One thing we noticed is that the new factions appear randomly through normal factions their territory instead of having their own.
We found one vanilla faction that had all the custom factions spawning in it's territory, each custom faction with just one sector.
Creations / Re: Farragut Class Battlecruiser [WIP]
« Last post by Ell_fen on Today at 06:47:38 PM »
yer ive defiantly thought about it but the complex curves and support beams on the majestic would suck the life out of me as i dont think they would ever look quite right.  but hey once this is done maby il start doing an elite dangerous shipyard here so i guess the answer is maby.

Gameplay Discussion / Re: Is it just me or are gyros useless?
« Last post by unbekannt1984 on Today at 06:45:55 PM »
Since the latest updates, the only thing they affect is roll speed.

^^ Did you try to rotate those Gyros? There should be an arrow that indicates which rotation is improved...

Get my Galactica from http://www.avorion.net/forum/index.php/topic,1717.0.html and try it out, it has 2 Gyros, none of those is buffing the roll-speed :)
Gameplay Discussion / Re: Is it just me or are gyros useless?
« Last post by Canute on Today at 06:29:04 PM »
Or you can say others. Why do we need thruster, except you want/need to slide.
Add 3 small gyro for rolling at each axis, and add the subspace thing for breaking.
All mods that affect modules need to be both on the server and client for them to work.
Gameplay Discussion / Re: independent Targeting nerf is upside down
« Last post by Canute on Today at 06:26:26 PM »
With the laser you are right, but only for "low power" laser.
If you pump enough power into the laser, and focus them to very small beam, you will cut through the armor even when the target is rolling fast.
And with a bit more, the laser pressure is even strong enough to prevent the hot gas to escape, so a high pressure build up to explode if the surrounding material got heated and weaked .

Don't forget even small-medium ships got Giga W power generation, not to speak from bigger ones with Tera Watt of power. Thats a whole different.
Creations / Re: Rockhopper Heavy Industries
« Last post by Jodah175 on Today at 06:10:31 PM »
hahaha, yeah. I love the shape of your ships! They "feel" right to me. Now if only I could make thems top drifting so darn much I'd be all set. XD
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10