23465 Posts in 3994 Topics - by 8566 Members - Latest Member: kademlia

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Suggestions / Re: Player-made Ship Salesman
« Last post by Kamo on Today at 10:32:20 AM »
What an adorable idea !
I wonder if I would give them my usual designs, or modified designs with acceleration limited to 1 m/s/s (the engine would be slices of the normal ones and the rest converted into a cargo bay for aesthetic purpose, so firing once at them would disable them), so that smugglers could do their usual thing in peace 8). But if traders get them, they would slow the economy...
Sortartes as cargo vessels (the tiny hold might be as much as proc-generated haulers') instead of flimsy haulers would awfully deter pirate attacks, they would be killed by the police or the hauler's turrets before they destroy the hauler with their puny DPS ::). To say nothing of Mitsuhas, which have even more HP.
Thanks rinart73 for the proposed solution.
Initially, I did not want to modify the vanilla scripts in the systems folder to avoid possible incompatibility with other mods that add / modify systems.
But your solution looks like more attractive and it seems that I can do the modification of a basesystem.lua only.

EDIT: This does not eliminate the need in the ability to run invokeFunction on the script by its index, similar to Entity():removeScript().
Bugs / Re: [Commands] - Fix please :)
« Last post by ID-ASP on Today at 04:33:12 AM »
Thank you, I will definitely try.

There remains only the main problem with "/playerinfo" and the time of the "/ban" command.
Mods / Re: [MOD][mOS] move Asteroids
« Last post by Azulius on Today at 03:19:45 AM »
just went to new sector found another one, claimed it paid for moving, planned jump, and jumped.
i could not find the asteroid in destination sector so  i went back, and it was still there
Mods / Re: [MOD][mOS] move Asteroids
« Last post by Azulius on Today at 02:55:31 AM »
asteroid not jumping with me.
when i go back it is still there so it is not lost in destination sector.
when i interact with it and use move asteroid it is saying i already paid.
i tried jumping few times with different distances from the asteroid ( within 100m / 10km / 20km ) and no luck
i play single player
I think I have an idea.
We attach an additional script to the entity, that will act as a storage for our system upgrades info.

Then we modify our system upgrades. I think that will be no problem for you since you already did this (energybooster.lua doesn't have getSeed function by default).
So, we modify onInstalled function and invoke function of our storage script to 'register' it and pass upgrade info (seed, etc). There might be some issues with keeping the link which module is which, though.

In the end, you will invoke function of storage script to get what you need.

I'll try it in the next days to see if this will work.
Stone Legion - Error
The requested page could not be found.
News / Re: Beta Branch Patch 0.15.8 Patchnotes
« Last post by koonschi on January 23, 2018, 10:29:39 PM »
I'll just leave this here, from the patch notes ;)
The out-of-sector-catch-up will be available for all stations in existing savegames, while the new stocking mechanic will only be available to newly discovered factories, due to technical reasons.

Hope that clears it up.
Mods / Re: Entity():invokeFunction(script, args...) is not enough parameters?
« Last post by Multirez on January 23, 2018, 10:27:35 PM »
I already broke my head over this issue, the only thing that came to my mind was to add a copy of the first script to the end of the list, and then delete it, replacing with a fictitious dummy component. And so on until I reach the position I need.
Then I can delete script by index, this will make it possible to reduce the number of dummies on the object. The only exception is trading systems, but they can also be put into the cache by calling the secure() function.
In any case, such solution will result in a lot of additions and deletions of scripts only to get the current state.

Maybe you have any other ideas?
Mods / Re: [MOD PACK] Galaxy Mods: Balance & Difficulty Mods *NEW*
« Last post by Wayleran on January 23, 2018, 10:09:38 PM »
Oh? Intriguing. I wonder, what made you go for a change of direction from your parasitic upgrades viewpoint?

Because of my total change towards the "non-combat" upgrades in general. If it doesn't impact combat (Shields, Turrets and to a lesser extent Generator Upgrades) than I don't see the need to punish people for using "utility" upgrades like battery, radar, hyperspace, etc...

My main philosophy is to somewhat limit a player's ability to just stack shield and turret upgrades with nearly zero downside and be overwhelming tanky AND have high dps. Now you can still have 2-3 shield upgrades but it'll cost you a lot of energy and you'll need more generator blocks to compensate and also you can have multiple high end turret upgrades but, again, it's a decision you'll have to make and sacrifice resources in your ship for more energy blocks.

- Some Pirate and Xsotan ships seemed to be a bit TOO big and fights were slightly more tedious than they were fun. So some of those ship's volumes were modified slightly to still offer longer encounters and challenge while not being too "grindy".
Thanks! I was starting to notice the grind, myself. You're quick on the draw!

Yeah it still may need further tweaking because me and my buddy haven't gotten into the core yet on my unofficial "real world scenario" testing server. LOL

I'm glad to see your "pendulum swing" approach to balancing working out for you: harsh nerfs followed by slightly less intense buffs followed by more refined nerfs followed by a minor buff. It's basically the binary-search way of approaching balancing, trying to hit the sweet spot just right by first starting with bounding leaps and progressively hopping closer to the bulls-eye with increasingly more elegant strides. Keep up the good work

Thanks bud but I think I need to just reverse the process. Start softer and slowly increase the mods, as opposed to the other way around. Because I don't want new people to try out the mods and be discouraged if I made them a bit on the difficult end. I can always buff mods as easily as nerf them.  ;)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10