22061 Posts in 3787 Topics - by 7955 Members - Latest Member: fopisd

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
I love Trypticon too!
Creations / Re: Lac's contribution to the dark side
« Last post by SageThe13th on Today at 10:56:25 AM »
I love the overtly evil aesthetic.  The unlimited power! core is the best part.
General Off-Topic / Re: Pineapple on Pizza
« Last post by SageThe13th on Today at 10:53:32 AM »
People are free add pineapple to pizza.  I just won't eat it.
General Discussion / Re: Avorion as an E-Sport?
« Last post by SilverKnightGG on Today at 05:46:09 AM »
This is highly unlikely, and based on what I've seen happen to other games that turned down this road, I genuinely hope Avorion does not.

I'm not against competitive multiplayer games, but there is a certain strata in which those thrive, and the level of creative freedom in Avorion does not feel like it provides that strata at all.

I hope this game doesn't become another Ark or Robocraft on it's way to E-Sports, and I doubt the devs will even consider that, besides.
Troubleshooting / Re: Chain crashing server
« Last post by Hammelpilaw on December 13, 2017, 10:05:00 PM »
Hey there, im not 100% sure yet, but I think that this issue is really related to our fighters. Tried to reproduce in a fresh vanilla galaxy, but without any success. At least our server did not crash since we stopped using our best salvage fighter. When there were 240 or more of them active in one sector the server seemed to crash sometimes.... however, cant say anything for sure, thats why I did not post any update.

I do not think it is related to the carrier commander mod. Also our sectors with 240+ fighters, wich may have cause the crashes, did not use this mod.

So... I figured out a lot of stuff, but nothing really helped to find the issue. I dont know what else to do to find it. At least it seems to work right now.
Suggestions / Re: Target prediction module
« Last post by Morbo513 on December 13, 2017, 09:57:40 PM »
I think a first-person view and tighter flight controls would be necessary to fully take advantage of it though. With turret locked weapons it's difficult to tell where your exact point of aim actually is.
Multiplayer / !Hyper-Core.net! HardCore PVP Insane Difficulty
« Last post by C0r3y on December 13, 2017, 09:34:05 PM »
!Hyper-Core.net! HardCore PVP Insane Difficulty

Dedicated Server Specs:  24Core 32Threads 72gigs of memory
Random Sector Start
Hardcore PVP
Insane Difficulty
Discord Invite Link: https://discord.gg/kceWWST
Server IP: us.hyper-core.net
General Discussion / Game kicked me / then killed me ( and made me watch )
« Last post by SirSid on December 13, 2017, 08:49:41 PM »
This story is to good not to share so ill do a TLDR  for the question.

TLDR: game kicked me and when i came back i was in my drone  in a diffrent system 70 KM away from my ship . My ship in the center of a armada of enemeys  of a faction im at war with.
Epic  loot  / ship destroyed > me  trying to figure out what happens by reading bug reports .

So the last night  all my buddy's went to bed and  i was solo mining  to get some funds for the alliance. Im nearly done for the night so i fly back to civilization to sort  out some new gear and park for the night.

Suddenly the system im in becomes under attack from another faction. this area  iv been using to  repair in so i decided to join the war effort  and aid them. Epic battle ensued and good times wher had . Well i had been looking for a territory to raid  so this presented a opportunity.

I fly out to enemy territory and start ganking haulers . So im jumping around the enemys home systems  ganking  and helping out my  new war allies as they warp in for attacks  and having a blast. Then i find  a hualer full of microchips a good  hual about  4  mill worth . then i get engaged  in a huge battle in a trading  station heavy system as the  battel rages  on i decide  it's to late  and  i should go to bed. I spot  on hualer  across the  map and decide to check him out while my jump drive cali. so i can jump out and  log off .

Well as  i fly  up to the hualer the items apear.  Mining  robot's  . OMG  thats  a sweet find ( about 10 million worth at  least  )   so i kill him take his 98 mining robots  and start heading  off to the smugler .

I get to the seller and try to unbrand the bots  but nothing is working , is this thing  bugged , non responsive WTF ?  then the game kicks  me  . When i log back on im in my drone back in the system i was fightning  in like 5  miniuts ago and  my  ship is  70 KM away just getting  pounded on by a few cruisers. I trey to fly to the ship but it's in vain , i was abel to select it and  put insurance on it  in the nic of time but thats about it .

So now  im sitting in my drone  in hostile space  20 jumps away from cizilization looking at  a massive ball of loot  worth id say about 15 mill and  all my  gear mods / wepons floting in space . I logged off for the night   :o

P.s. the game meta  gamed me and killed me . how fucking sweet is that . i supose they really needed them mining robots
General Discussion / Just WoW this game ..
« Last post by SirSid on December 13, 2017, 08:30:50 PM »
Huge appreciation for this game. Absolutely blowing my socks off and  fell in love with it instantly. The more  i play and get into it the more I am enjoying  it  .

This is  my  first post hear  can't wait to see this game come to life and  i wish yha the best of luck with this game . I fell it has true potential to be a  all time great .

I started a dedicated server for  it  on day 2  of playing so you folks are doing something right  ;D 
Troubleshooting / Re: Chain crashing server
« Last post by WSY on December 13, 2017, 08:30:27 PM »
Hey Hammel did you ever figure this out?

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10