Author Topic: Youtubers, please read this! [Copyright infringement issues]  (Read 5814 times)

koonschi

• Developer
    • View Profile
    • Avorion
There have been claims of copyright infringement on Avorion youtube videos. This is a false positive, which has been confirmed to me by the author of the music in question, Per Kiilstofte.

Should this happen to you, then we have a solution. Please send me a quick message to support@avorion.net for instructions on how to resolve the dispute easily (under 10 minutes).

And just to re-iterate: Any money gained from a video will still go to the owner of said video, when disputed, as per YouTube’s latest policy changes.

All the best to you guys.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2017, 04:39:37 PM by koonschi »
#define TRUE FALSE // happy debugging suckers

If you need help, please post in the forum, don't PM me. If there's something that only I can help you with, contact me via mail.

Timmeynator

• View Profile
on: March 21, 2017, 07:10:03 PM
Hi Devs,

Perhaps it is an idea to provide links to any licensing information you might have so any content creators can give you guys the proper credits. Maybe even go as far as posting a default text with information and links we can copy and paste below the content this growing community might create.

DeathTech

• View Profile
on: January 19, 2018, 04:21:50 AM
Hi Devs,

Perhaps it is an idea to provide links to any licensing information you might have so any content creators can give you guys the proper credits. Maybe even go as far as posting a default text with information and links we can copy and paste below the content this growing community might create.

Sadly no matter what anyone does, once youtube's content id learns something is copyrighted and has it set up to strike it usually does so regardless. I know it is possible to license specific channels out but that is done on a per channel basis and I highly doubt the team will have time for all that.

To be honest the best thing you can do if hit with a strike is as stated before.
Just tell the team and they will sort it out. Alternatively, file a counterclaim and the should be automatically alerted to the fact. That your video got striked.