Author Topic: [MOD] AutoResearch Version 1.0  (Read 34782 times)

Cypher

• View Profile
on: February 10, 2017, 10:42:18 PM
As the name suggests this mod adds the option to do automated research for both System Upgrades & Turrets. This is easily done by selecting the rarities in the Research Station window and selecting Automatic (See image below).

Currently it will only research exact matches for system upgrades. For turrets it will take into account the material, weapon type (e.g. Railgun) and the number of weapons. Research is done when atleast 3 of the items are available and add the 4th and 5th if possible.

It does Not mess around with the Xsotan Artifacts!

If you do come across bugs please take the time to let me know, i have tested it time and time again
but most likely did not try any sequence of events you guys might.
Furthermore if you have any suggestions or ideas feel free to share them. Also if it might be an idea for a different mod ;)

Enjoy!

Installation
Spoiler: show
To install:
Copy the data folder in AutoResearch to the Avorion install folder. This is usually located in your steam installation folder under: .../Steam/SteamApps/common/Avorion

To uninstall:
Copy the data folder in Restore to the Avorion install folder, and (optional) manually remove the autoresearch.lua in .../Steam/SteamApps/common/Avorion/data/scripts/entity/merchants

Planned features:
  • Setting for minimum amount needed before research is done
  • Setting for filling empty slots with lower or higher Rarity
  • Setting for filling emtpy slots with turrets of a different material/weapon count
  • Visualisation for items used in research[1]
[1] This is currently turned off to improve performance, also the inventory in the window will not be updated until all research is complete for the same reason.

Images
Spoiler: show

« Last Edit: February 11, 2017, 11:31:15 AM by Cypher »
"Making the simple complicated is commonplace; making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity"
- Charles Mingus

Jeric_

• View Profile
on: February 10, 2017, 11:32:30 PM
Uh Yaaas please! I will sure test these out.

Kane Hart

• The Talk Too Much Guy!
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
on: February 11, 2017, 12:02:52 AM
Great idea and future features :)

Cypher

• View Profile
on: February 11, 2017, 12:40:43 AM
Thanks for the kind words :D
Most of the planned features should not take too long to implement.
I just wanted to get a version out. If you notice anything of or got any
ideas for improvement let me know :)
"Making the simple complicated is commonplace; making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity"
- Charles Mingus

Freaky89

• View Profile
on: February 11, 2017, 03:40:10 AM
wow thank you. that should be integrate into vanilla game :D

metalim

• View Profile
on: February 11, 2017, 01:18:30 PM
Hey, great idea!
Does the mod work on client side, or it needs to be installed on server as well?

Also, is it really 1 line of code? Or it has issues with line ending chars?
« Last Edit: February 11, 2017, 01:27:41 PM by metalim »

Cypher

• View Profile
on: February 11, 2017, 02:03:55 PM
Does the mod work on client side, or it needs to be installed on server as well?

The way modding currently works it does need some changes to the server side script for the researchstation.
I have tried to get around this but have not yet managed to do this succesfully. Currently the game developer is working
on better mod support so in the future it might be possible.

Also, is it really 1 line of code? Or it has issues with line ending chars?

No, it is a minified version of my code where variable names have been replaced and comments are removed including line endings. The reason i did this because in the past i have had code stolen without any credit given in another modding community. So i did it this way to atleast to some degree make it harder for the people who do steal other people's code, shamelessly modify it a tiny bit, and call it their own.

This however does not mean that i'm not willing to share my approach, ideas & solutions. If you (or anyone else) is interested in how i did certain things you are free to send me a PM about it :)
« Last Edit: February 11, 2017, 08:41:58 PM by Cypher »
- Charles Mingus

metalim

• View Profile
on: February 12, 2017, 11:02:12 AM
The way modding currently works it does need some changes to the server side script for the researchstation.
I don't know if the server I am playing at has added support, or it just works, but... It just works :-)
Thanks!

Cypher

• View Profile
on: February 12, 2017, 12:25:02 PM
Oh does it? is there a way for you to check if the server has it? It can work mostly cliently side i just haven't been able to test that yet
- Charles Mingus

metalim

• View Profile
on: February 12, 2017, 03:05:04 PM
Pretty sure it is just vanilla Beta branch server.

metalim

• View Profile
on: February 12, 2017, 03:12:49 PM
Found an issue.
Stacked turrets are ignored. For example if I have 5 turrets in a stack, they are ignored by AutoResearch. Although it's easy to research them manually, just 5 clicks.

Cypher

• View Profile
on: February 12, 2017, 03:55:09 PM
Ah ok thanks for letting me know, ill fix that with the next update then :)
- Charles Mingus

jimos87

• View Profile
on: February 16, 2017, 12:06:21 PM
why does it only let you use it once ? also it is not processing all the items i'm still being left with some.

Cypher

• View Profile
on: February 16, 2017, 04:32:28 PM
That it only allows you to use it once is a bug that can happen, which i already fixed in the update im working on. Currently it only works when you have 3 to 5 of the same item. The update will have options to have it make matches with lower/higher rarities and different materials. This was already mentioned in the first post. I expect this update to be finished today or tomorrow.
- Charles Mingus

DougJunior

• View Profile
on: February 16, 2017, 05:39:26 PM
Nice Mode. Could You make it possible that You can say only turrents or Moduls and only stuff with quality to or with Level Green, pink etc? Would be nice advance. Somethink that i miss really in this game is to Mark stuff AS Blocked, or how sayed that it can Not ussed from Amy System and that You Not even can sell it without unblocking.