Author Topic: BetterTransfer : UI upgrade & Transfer cargo/crew/fighters - v1.12 (07 mar 2017)  (Read 27025 times)

Salminar

• View Profile
Small update to improve the UI and prepare for a futur rework.

Added a little text for the compatibility in multiplayer on the main post.

blakemueller1243

• View Profile
so having a bit of an issue. the fighter transfer doesent work at all. and when i try to use the menu for crew/fighter swap i can use it once then once i close it its gone i cant open it for ANY ships until i restart my game

Salminar

• View Profile
Again what version are you using?

And it really looks to me like it's not installed on the server. If not you can't transfer fighters.

Anyway there is a new version almost finished and i had a bug on the convenient (that had been hotfixed on the repository) and it should be solved in next version.

So that's why i ask a little more info about what you are using, to be sure remeaining bugs are removed before the next version that should be out tomorrow or this evening, depending how much time i have.

n0etics

• View Profile
Again what version are you using?

And it really looks to me like it's not installed on the server. If not you can't transfer fighters.

Anyway there is a new version almost finished and i had a bug on the convenient (that had been hotfixed on the repository) and it should be solved in next version.

So that's why i ask a little more info about what you are using, to be sure remeaining bugs are removed before the next version that should be out tomorrow or this evening, depending how much time i have.

since you're putting out a bug fix, just to verify if this one was addressed... I'm using convenient and sometimes I am unable to transfer FROM ships, only TO. I have the gamefiles installed on both the server and my client.

Salminar

• View Profile
Alright, can you try this one?

https://github.com/Salminar/Avorion/blob/modified/scripts/entity/transfercrewgoods.lua

It's a preversion of convenient and all bugs should be solved on this one.

Devious

• Have you seen Rusty?
    • View Profile
    • Rusty's Universe and Community
on: March 06, 2017, 11:57:43 AM
!
With the convenient version an error concerning the transfer of fighters came up.
If needed I can go through the logs to find it, just let me know!

Salminar

• View Profile
Yep it would help a lot to have the log.

Devious

• Have you seen Rusty?
    • View Profile
    • Rusty's Universe and Community
The game overwrote the server logs but luckily a player on our server was able to provide it after I switched to the other UI in the modpack.
The screen would work for a few moments, then crash with this error:
Code: [Select]
Wed Mar 01 23:32:47 2017| could not execute function 'onShowWindow' in '"data/scripts/entity/transfercrewgoods.lua"':
Wed Mar 01 23:32:47 2017| data/scripts/entity/transfercrewgoods.lua:546: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)
Wed Mar 01 23:32:47 2017| stack traceback:
Wed Mar 01 23:32:47 2017|     data/scripts/entity/transfercrewgoods.lua:546: in function 'updateData'
Wed Mar 01 23:32:47 2017|     data/scripts/entity/transfercrewgoods.lua:910: in function <data/scripts/entity/transfercrewgoods.lua:909>
Wed Mar 01 23:32:47 2017|
Wed Mar 01 23:32:47 2017| Setting script "data/scripts/entity/transfercrewgoods.lua" to invalid.

Salminar

• View Profile
Thank you, yeah it seem like the error before the hotfix, but apparently Github haven't handle it correctly or it's me that still have some troubles using this platform.

I didn't renamed correctly on of the table that hold the UI objects. Should it will be solved in next version anyway, i put a warning on the convenient release. I'll post the new one this evening with the few new features and reworks. Was aiming to make a bigger update at once but need to solve this correctly.

blakemueller1243

• View Profile
i have vanilla v1.11 and what do you mean install it to the server too. dont have installation instructions lol data file ik where to go but idk where to install for the server.

Salminar

• View Profile
If you play in singleplayer, only need to be installed on your computer.

If you play multi player and use join to reach a distant server, it needs to be installed on this server too.

blakemueller1243

• View Profile
then idk cause i have it installed properly i can guarantee. installing mods for this game isint hard :P but apparently im wrong lol

Salminar

• View Profile
1.12 is out.

As i had to rush a little bit for the bugs from the last version, the fighter tab isn't completely finished.
Know issue, the UI always display 7 squads even if none are created on the ship. This will be adressed in next version.

I will only make fixes for a few days, and finsh dilsplay issues with fighters squads. So please submit all bug or remaining bug so that i can fix them before working on something else.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2017, 09:51:09 AM by Salminar »

Ryan477

• View Profile
it dosnt work for me and my friends. we have install v1.12 on client and server (server version  0.10.5.7633). by first conntact to the ship i can open the transfer menu but by the second conntact the button for your menu dosnt exist. but by the first conntact i cant transfer anything too

Wilponderoci

• one fish two fists
    • View Profile
current beta: transfer not working

Could be that the ships need to be basically touching....

I reverted to vanilla and that was the case so mod may work but I was not close enough. (I was under .20km)
« Last Edit: March 14, 2017, 12:58:41 AM by Wilponderoci »
“Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves.”