Author Topic: [MOD] Sector Manager  (Read 2943 times)

Laserzwei

• View Profile
on: February 04, 2019, 10:32:28 AM
The sectors eventually go to sleep, does this not work with alliance ships. or did i not configure the mod properly.
Do you have the icon top right? Yes-->Good. No-->reinstall
The first 5 (or whatever is set in the config file on the serverside) sectors will be loaded. Loaded sectors are represented green in the UI. Sectors will unload, if you leave the galaxy. All sectors loaded by this mod are considered loaded by the player. Being in an alliance gives no bonus sectors with this mod.

I did some more tests with vanilla sector loading mechanics:
aliveSectorsPerPlayer    x or x+1?
Whenever I set this to something else than 500 in my singleplayer world it would reset to 500. So I copied the galaxy and started a dedicated server on it. This makes the results somewhat multiplayer only.
This config gives the total amount of sectors a player can have. This includes the players current sector. So it is x + 0.
The setting also affects alliances. So you can get 2 x loaded sectors. However: A sector loaded with player and alliance ships will count towards the sector threshold for both.

Giving ships orders. Is it getting stuck in the current or target sector?
You can't command ships in an unloaded sector. You will get this message: "That sector isn't loaded to memory on the server. Please contact your server administrator for help."

Giving a ship from a loaded sector the command to fly into an unloaded sector, will load said sector and move the ship over.
If you exceed your sector threshold and the target sector with the moved ship still has a low weight it will be unloaded. And the ship gets stuck.
My Mod Collection
My Discord     screw google captcha
My Github
Questions?
> PM me here on the forums!

Laserzwei

• View Profile
on: February 26, 2019, 08:00:25 PM
Update
0.2.2 for beta0.21.x [2019-02-26]
  - added musiccoordinator script to init.lua (vanilla)
My Mod Collection
My Discord     screw google captcha
My Github
Questions?
> PM me here on the forums!