Author Topic: [Mod][0.19.x] ScrapyardPlus (v1.4.1)  (Read 7960 times)

Dirtyredz

• David McClain - Dirtyredz
    • View Profile
    • Dirtyredz.com
on: October 10, 2017, 04:27:37 AM
You can use the updated data/scripts/entity/merchants/scrapyard.lua
Just remember to transfer the lines at the bottom

Code: [Select]
if not pcall(require, "mods/ScrapyardPlus/scripts/entity/merchants/scrapyard") then print("Failed to load ScrapyardPlus") end -- DNightmare/ScrapyardPlus END
if not pcall(require, 'mods.MoveUI.scripts.entity.merchants.scrapyard') then print('Mod: MoveUI, failed to extend scrapyard.lua!') end

one line is for this mod, the other line is for my MoveUI mod.
David McClain - Dirtyredz
Programmer, Web Development, Modder
http://www.Dirtyredz.com

Shrooblord

• View Profile
on: October 10, 2017, 04:42:49 AM
Hah, whups that would explain why the update broke the mod. I only replaced the MoveUI line, not the scrapheap line, too. :P

The good news, however, is that even with the script inactivated, the previous timer (in my case 4 h or so) is left as-is.
Shrooblord

dnightmare

• View Profile
on: October 10, 2017, 09:11:18 AM
Well yeah, the update replaced my hook / loading so that's why there were issues.
On the flipside: ScrapyardPlus only extends the vanilla logic and saves to the same tables etc., that's why the extended timers will always be there and even work, once purchased, w/o the mod. (and why MoveUI works with and without my mod. No witchcraft needed)

The things that got changed (faction-fixes and chat messages) were included in 1.3.1 while we were on 0.14.x Beta so everything should be running smooth. Will look into the details nontheless when back home.

RL = real life :P doing 60-70hrs/week kinda takes away the time from modding and recharging my batteries.

About the remote control: It's based on two "channels" which I use to communicate between player and the captained ships. You have to visit the systems where your fleet resides in to get the corresponding script attached, after that they report back if the system/fleet is active or inactive, etc.
The UI will include a dropdown of all active ships + maybe a small plan-displayer so you see what is what. After selecting a ship you could select the possible command on the right side, a bit like in the PoC.
About fleetcommand: I'll try and make mine work as hazzlefree as possible. If it's in a stable state, I'm looking into how to extend the options, or incorporate stuff form the other mod, we'll see...

For now, my focus lies on ScrapyardPlus 1.4 and getting the events done. After that, I'll switch back to RemoteControl.

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

Shrooblord

• View Profile
on: October 10, 2017, 02:09:30 PM
60-70 hours a week?! That's crazysauce! Yeah, you keep at it and make sure you don't burn through yourself, mate. I'll be here. Waiting.

alone

send help

So if I understand correctly, your RC mod will eventually give Orders to ships in faraway Sectors, which is possible because of the keep-alive functionality that's now in the game? That's mega cool. I'll be looking forward to seeing that pop up in the future.
Shrooblord

cyrusblaze

• View Profile
on: October 10, 2017, 08:27:24 PM
Love this mod. Been spending more and more time in scrapyard lately (especially with the custom fighters update!)

Randomish Idea.. (not sure if remotely possible)

For the replenishing of a scrap yard would you be able to have the faction spawn in random ships over time then have them get destroyed nearby to create new wreckage?

Maybe have it spawn 3 ships at a time - two smaller 'tugboats' plus a larger ship to 'scrap' ? To simulate them bringing old defunct ships to the scrap yard?

EDIT: Maybe look into the way certain events happen like when a ship warps in followed by enemies? (Also not sure how that works either) but have the first ship be the one to be scrapped, followed by ships of that faction to finish it off then leave?
« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 08:32:06 PM by cyrusblaze »

dnightmare

• View Profile
on: October 10, 2017, 08:35:24 PM
That's exactly what I'm working on with the 1.4 event-system :)
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

Devious

• Have you seen Rusty?
    • View Profile
    • Rusty's Universe and Community
on: November 21, 2017, 09:08:21 AM
After starting playing again I was hoping Dirty would have installed this on our server already but appearently not. Can't wait to try it out, stacking the licenses is something we've been waiting for since the game launched :)

Looking forward to the respawning scrapyards!

dnightmare

• View Profile
on: November 21, 2017, 09:44:43 AM
Dirty and me kinda fell into a black-hole called "Factorio" xD
He's on track with updating the modpack again and i'll prolly take a look if something needs fixing for 0.15 over the weekend...
maybe even make some progress on the events / respawning system

Shrooblord

• View Profile
on: January 10, 2018, 01:22:19 AM
I ran into an issue while using this mod: I can't seem to sell my ship to a Scrapyard. I click the button "Sell", but nothing happens.

Is this a bug caused by the mod?
Shrooblord

dnightmare

• View Profile
on: October 07, 2018, 11:44:19 PM
I ran into an issue while using this mod: I can't seem to sell my ship to a Scrapyard. I click the button "Sell", but nothing happens.

Is this a bug caused by the mod?
yay for thread-necro but: I've fixed your issue and updated the mod along the way.. v1.3.2 out now :)
Have fun.

Devious

• Have you seen Rusty?
    • View Profile
on: October 08, 2018, 09:07:18 PM
Thank you for taking the time to update the mod!

dnightmare

• View Profile
on: October 13, 2018, 03:48:11 PM

You're welcome.
Did some more tweaks and restructures. Nothing gameplay wise, so v1.3.2 users can skip the current release.
It's more like some preparation work etc. (and learning travisCI  ;D)

Devious

• Have you seen Rusty?
    • View Profile
on: October 13, 2018, 06:40:31 PM

You're welcome.
Did some more tweaks and restructures. Nothing gameplay wise, so v1.3.2 users can skip the current release.
It's more like some preparation work etc. (and learning travisCI  ;D)

Ahh yeah I figured that the new stuff wasnt in yet, but I like what I saw and cant wait :D