Author Topic: Dirty Server Manager, A Linux Server Manager, [Alpha, v1.2.3]  (Read 19995 times)

Schnookeuz

• View Profile
on: April 06, 2018, 05:57:12 PM
I got the problem that the Server Manager installs the Beta branch of Avorion (0.16.7.11165), but while the installation of DSM i have selected to install the stable branch.

To check if it was my failure, i installed another linux machine from ground up and the DSM too, but on this brand new machine too, it installs the Beta-server.

EDIT:
If i install the avorion-server from hand, without DSM, it chooses the stable branch. So it's a problem with the DSM, not with steamcmd.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2018, 06:00:24 PM by Schnookeuz »

Blackbeard

• View Profile
Same for me. It installed beta.

Also I have attached the commands for the firewall. Using ufw on ubuntu 16.04.

Before we begin please make sure you know what you are doing with ufw. If you are unsure please google it.

(if using ssh to login. If port is different use your port number instead of ssh example: sudo ufw allow 220)
sudo ufw allow ssh

Copy and paste the following:
sudo ufw allow 27000/udp && sudo ufw allow 27000/tcp && sudo ufw allow 27003/udp && sudo ufw allow 27020/udp && sudo ufw allow 27020/tcp && sudo ufw allow 27021/udp && sudo ufw allow 27021/tcp && sudo ufw allow 8080/tcp

use only if apache/ssl
sudo ufw allow 443/tcp

Enable UFW
sudo ufw enable

verify that everything looks good
sudo ufw status

Blackbeard

• View Profile
on: July 15, 2018, 10:39:50 PM
installing your manager still installs the beta version of the server regardless of what beta option you choose. Is there a work around or an older version to download?

Blackbeard

• View Profile
on: July 20, 2018, 10:58:36 PM
I have found a work around to fix the issue with the server forcing BETA. Before using ./manager install you will need to manually edit the manager-config.ini and change the beta to false. Then you can continue to follow the directions to install the server.

Dirtyredz

• David McClain - Dirtyredz
    • View Profile
    • Dirtyredz.com
on: August 13, 2018, 07:15:12 AM
Im currently working on version 2.0 which will fully support windows/linux/mac.
its a complete rewrite of the base framework of the site, which will make for easier maintainability and easier installation.

If your looking to drop any suggestion for the next version or to get the latest news on DSM join us on discord: https://discord.gg/52YZMPt
David McClain - Dirtyredz
Programmer, Web Development, Modder
http://www.Dirtyredz.com

Stormrage

• View Profile
on: November 04, 2018, 04:56:58 PM
I just want to thank you for this absolutely fine piece of software. I've already started to write my own scripts when I've found this,  thus there were no need to finish them.

Blackbeard

• View Profile
on: July 19, 2019, 02:18:01 AM
server install no longer works. Has this been abandoned?