Author Topic: [0.15.7] Station price margin doesn't affect traders  (Read 1066 times)

Rinart73

• Discord: Rinart73#7304
    • View Profile
on: December 27, 2017, 01:33:43 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I checked a few times and factory/station/mine price margin doesn't affect spawning traders in any way, though it should.
Calculation when traders should spawn and how much they should by happens on Lua-side in "sector/traders.lua" and "lib/tradingutility.lua". And neither of this files has anything to do with station price margin.

Cyka

• View Profile
on: January 11, 2018, 12:39:53 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I checked a few times and factory/station/mine price margin doesn't affect spawning traders in any way, though it should.
Calculation when traders should spawn and how much they should by happens on Lua-side in "sector/traders.lua" and "lib/tradingutility.lua". And neither of this files has anything to do with station price margin.

Although very important to fix this, i think youre barely gonna make any profit anyway outside of certain trade post exploits as your sector gets increasingly overloaded with dead AI cargo ships.

Rinart73

• View Profile
on: January 11, 2018, 05:14:15 AM
your sector gets increasingly overloaded with dead AI cargo ships

This is another bug that many players faced, including myself. There a ~2-4 threads about this issue already)

Shrooblord

• View Profile
on: January 15, 2018, 07:01:35 PM
Actually, and although this may very well be anecdotal evidence, I have six Asteroid Mines in my home Sector continually pulling in traders while I'm out of Sector. Normally, I set the price margin at a low-cut of -26% to try and attract as many traders as I can without shooting myself in the foot with too low prices. These Stations earn my around 50k-200k per trade, depending on the specific Mine that has been traded with (amount and commodity type influence this, although on average a Platinum Mine will make consistent funds and a Zinc Mine will also make consistent funds, though on a different baseline than the Platinum Mine).
However, trying to kick-boost my economy, I got a little greedy and amped the price up to -15%. The following hour, hour and a half, I watched as my sales were cut down by around 40%. Not only was I making less money per trade - traders suddenly bought only 50-75 of a single type of goods where before they bought up to 220 -, but I was also less frequently getting messages in my Economy chat.
Changing the price back down to -23% this time (a compromise and a test), I noticed more traders returning over the next hours.

Are you sure price margins don't influence traders? Maybe I just encountered a classic case of anecdotal evidence as I said, but I think there was different behaviour based on my price margins.
Shrooblord

Rinart73

• View Profile
on: January 17, 2018, 03:42:05 AM
Nevermind, it appears that I searched "active sell/buy" code in a wrong location.