Author Topic: [MOD] Galaxy Mod - Economy: Balance & Difficulty Mods  (Read 5519 times)

Wayleran

• View Profile
on: January 27, 2018, 09:39:59 PM
Is that so? I remember a lengthy conversation within this community fairly recently that people had discovered that apparently trading is capped at 500k per trade, i.e. Stations will never produce and stock up on more than 500k worth of goods to be sold.

If this is a misconception, then that's fortunate news indeed.

That's in the script but apparently only for what to spawn into the station initially. Right above that though is a line that restricts the maxValue to 300*1000*the "richness" of the sector (which ranges from 1 to 20 roughly as you go towards the center. And that appeared to be the cap on trades I believe but the 500k is supposed to just be the max upon the first initial spawn of the factory/station.

Shrooblord

• View Profile
on: January 31, 2018, 01:50:25 AM
And I FOR SURE have figured out how to minimize spawned trading ships AMOUNT of goods from a fixed 500, to a randomly generated amount between 10 and 100. There's no need to have a fixed amount of 500 IMO.
Question: does this affect Traders who come into Stations to buy goods, too? I have seen all my economy crippled to about 5-10% effectiveness in relation to previously - was this your mod, or the balance changes introduced by the Beta patch?
Shrooblord

Wayleran

• View Profile
on: February 02, 2018, 04:04:30 AM
And I FOR SURE have figured out how to minimize spawned trading ships AMOUNT of goods from a fixed 500, to a randomly generated amount between 10 and 100. There's no need to have a fixed amount of 500 IMO.
Question: does this affect Traders who come into Stations to buy goods, too? I have seen all my economy crippled to about 5-10% effectiveness in relation to previously - was this your mod, or the balance changes introduced by the Beta patch?

My mod. Instead of a random amount between 50-500 they'll buy/sell only 10-50 which I now know is way too low. I've adjusted it in my own scripts but haven't updated this mod yet.

Just go to shiputilty.lua line 288 and adjust those numbers but they are JUST for trading ships that are spawned for missions like distress signals or trader attacked by pirate events...

line 288: entity:addCargo(g:good(), math.max(10, math.random() * 50))   -- MOD
change the "10" and "50" to the min and max you want the ship to either buy or sell. 50 and 150 or something. But again this is only for mission trading ships not normal trading ships. Go to the next part for those.

Go to tradingutility.lua line 206 and change:

line 206: local amount = math.max(10, math.random() * 50)   -- MOD

change the 10 to something like 50 and the 50 to maybe 150-250. By default those values are 50 and 500. But these ships will always drop EXACTLY 50% of their cargo upon total destruction and salvaging wreckage. So if you select 50-200, you'll get 25-100 goods to drop.

Shrooblord

• View Profile
on: February 02, 2018, 04:19:41 PM
Thanks. I changed both to range from 25 at minimum to 350 at maximum. You may think that's got a high variance, which is true, but I felt like it more accurately represented trading behaviour: sometimes they'll want a little shipment, sometimes they'll want lots and lots. Meanwhile, it's still nerfed the maximum from vanilla down 30%, which I felt was fair without impacting my income too, too much.
Shrooblord