Author Topic: [REQUEST] Star Wars MonCal ships & Snoke's Star Destroyer  (Read 3265 times)

darnocs1

• View Profile
on: February 05, 2018, 06:41:26 AM
Hey, great builders out there! I was wondering if anyone who is much better at design than I am could make some Mon Calamari Star Wars cruisers (like the MC80 ships, the Home One from Episode 6, etc), and also possibly Snoke's Mega Star Destroyer? I have (attempted to) create a rough version of the Profundity from Rogue One, but that's about the extent of my design skills (will post later) :P

Thanks in advance!

Mattoropael

• View Profile
on: February 12, 2018, 03:09:52 AM
While I'm completely worthless at building ships, I'd like to point out that MonCal ships are very difficult to accurately recreate in Avorion due to how curvy they are, unless we get round blocks in the future.

Ulrich_Rüstungjäger

• View Profile
on: February 12, 2018, 06:54:47 PM
While I'm completely worthless at building ships, I'd like to point out that MonCal ships are very difficult to accurately recreate in Avorion due to how curvy they are, unless we get round blocks in the future.

Id take this as a challenge if I cared about star wars ships. But curves can be done. It's just the ship won't be very powerful  since the blocks would be micro blocks. See my Musai on the WS. It's got a very organic shape but the block count is through the roof and it's very weak for its size, it also lags the game when the nacells get hit because those blocks are .1 and less in size.
Spoiler: show
While not as curved as the ship you are talking about, and definitely not as curved as my previously mentioned ship you can see the top deck of the bow curves up and then down whiles at the same time curves inwards. In short organic shapes can be done

Ulrich_Rüstungjäger

• View Profile
on: February 13, 2018, 01:22:13 AM
After actually haveing a chance to look at the ship I can say it is definitely doable, sadly I don't actually have the free time to actually build it.

darnocs1

• View Profile
on: February 15, 2018, 08:59:28 PM
Sad :( but understandable. Maybe someone else will?

Troutacus

• View Profile
on: September 24, 2018, 06:39:35 PM
Hey guys, I have a Mon Calamari Cruiser (MC80) if that is what you want.  :)

As well as an MC75.  However, it's meh at best.

Jester

• View Profile
on: October 26, 2018, 02:55:16 PM
Mmm, the Mon Calamari's kinda look like lumpy doggie droppings.
Yay, Disney ...

Spoiler: show