Author Topic: [MOD] Weapon Engineering (Turret Editor)  (Read 37692 times)

Shrooblord

• View Profile
on: July 25, 2018, 06:59:00 PM
Good catch, Pasu, and that highlights something important all modders should keep in mind: the client should never be trusted to handle anything but that, which is strictly necessary to be handled by client (eg. UI, referencing the local player, etc.). All bits of actual functionality should be handled by the server, usually with client-side collected information being passed over to server for processing.

This is not only to prevent cheating as you highlighted, Pasu, but also because clients can desynch, and, more importantly, in general, the server is the de facto authority in every situation. Server decides things, and clients accept those changes. That's just healthy multiplayer coding.

So keep that in mind when designing mods.
Shrooblord

plablo

• View Profile
on: August 01, 2018, 02:46:15 AM
if this guy is still alive
i think you really need to put the right click on turrets to move more quickly instead the drag and drop
« Last Edit: August 05, 2018, 04:34:24 PM by plablo »

EagleGundam

• View Profile
on: December 18, 2018, 11:22:35 PM
If The  Mod author is still working on this awsome mod Please Update

darkconsole

• Halfcocked Rage Machine
    • View Profile
    • my game mods (contains nsfw stuff too)
on: December 18, 2018, 11:48:39 PM
If The  Mod author is still working on this awsome mod Please Update

maybe soon. we're almost max level in destiny 2 and talking about coming back to this once the boredom level reach max too.

AncientAliensGuy

• View Profile
on: December 25, 2018, 12:48:44 AM
Just wanted to send a quick "happy holidays" and wishing that you would update this mod! Beta branch 0.20.2 looks promising and it's not the same without your mod. Having said that, I hope the festivities are going well. Ciao

Hellsmith

• View Profile
on: December 28, 2018, 08:53:34 AM
The fix is pretty easy for the new patch:

Go through the files of the mod and look for any line that says something like

Code: [Select]
InvokeClientFunction("blablabla")
Then search for the function with the name blablabla and add directly after it

Code: [Select]
callable(nil, "blablabla")
You do that for every  invoke in every file and use the correct function names instead of blablabla and the mod works again.... I guess :D

AncientAliensGuy

• View Profile
on: December 28, 2018, 08:25:48 PM
Ah, I see. Welp, I've gone back to 0.19.1 for the time being to get my custom mods functioning again, but when I go back to the beta branch I'll be sure to try this out. Thanks!

gn_leugim

• Backer
    • View Profile
on: December 31, 2018, 12:44:37 AM
Hey! great mod! I hope you will be back to it soon!

As a suggestion, or as a new mod maybe, a "turret reshaper"

On a similar HUD/interface, you would select two turrets, of the same type, tech level, material and rarity, and one of them would be remodelled to be the same as the other.

This would allow us to get a more uniform payload of turrets. Is it possible to add or create?

darkconsole

• Halfcocked Rage Machine
    • View Profile
    • my game mods (contains nsfw stuff too)
on: December 31, 2018, 01:11:20 AM

On a similar HUD/interface, you would select two turrets, of the same type, tech level, material and rarity, and one of them would be remodelled to be the same as the other.

This would allow us to get a more uniform payload of turrets. Is it possible to add or create?

it may be. i do not recall off hand if the model or seed is changeable. i'll add it to the list.

gn_leugim

• Backer
    • View Profile
on: December 31, 2018, 11:13:40 AM

it may be. i do not recall off hand if the model or seed is changeable. i'll add it to the list.

Thanks for considering it ;)

APolarBear

• View Profile
on: January 01, 2019, 11:36:26 AM
Does this still work in the most updated stable?

reyyn

• View Profile
on: January 02, 2019, 06:45:25 AM
So I have a problem with the grey bars that show up for overheating/energy turrets in the in game UI. I used this mod to lower the heat on a railgun and it did eventually remove the "overheats" modifier from the tooltip at least. However, the grey bar still shows in game. Is it possible for the mod to remove this grey bar? (I suspect not as it is in UI code somewhere in the game client that displays those bars based on the turret type).

This then got me questioning if it was possible to add other modifiers with a mod such as burst fire, ionized projectiles and what have you.

Shrooblord

• View Profile
on: January 03, 2019, 01:33:39 AM
Some of the UI is hard-baked into the C++ side of the code, and us modders can't touch it if that's the case. For many "basic" elements such as the Turret Icons, their placement, the healthbars, etc., this is true. So I expect that, no, we cannot remove the grey bar.

What *might* be possible is that one could remove the "overheats" modifier from the railgun completely, stripping it from the game. But only if "overheats" is a property added to the railgun in lua script and isn't baked into the behaviour of what defines a weapon as a railgun. But that's also beyond the purview of this mod, I feel.
Shrooblord

reyyn

• View Profile
on: January 03, 2019, 04:06:41 PM
Some of the UI is hard-baked into the C++ side of the code, and us modders can't touch it if that's the case. For many "basic" elements such as the Turret Icons, their placement, the healthbars, etc., this is true. So I expect that, no, we cannot remove the grey bar.

This is what I suspect to be the case. I was unable to see anything that looked to me as a change I could make anywhere.

What *might* be possible is that one could remove the "overheats" modifier from the railgun completely, stripping it from the game. But only if "overheats" is a property added to the railgun in lua script and isn't baked into the behaviour of what defines a weapon as a railgun. But that's also beyond the purview of this mod, I feel.

This is what I hope is the case. I have been unable to figure this out myself, though admittedly I am not very familiar with the modifiable lua scripts.

Daemonic

• View Profile
on: January 04, 2019, 05:45:27 AM
Is anyone able to make a copy of this that works with 20.2 on the beta branch? I have no idea what im doing with lua modding/coding, and id prefer not to mess with it just in case i break things i cant fix :P