Author Topic: [MOD] Weapon Engineering (Turret Editor)  (Read 39067 times)

maraudir

• View Profile
on: July 13, 2019, 08:59:11 AM
I've installed the Dirty Server Manager along with a workshop mod and the Turret Editor.  The workshop mod and server run fine.  When I try to launch the /tmod command in game I get unknown command tmod.  Any help would be appreciated.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2019, 08:52:15 PM by maraudir »

Athreon

• View Profile
on: August 19, 2019, 12:52:11 AM
Any chance of seeing this end up on the Steam Workshop?

IcoHarbinger

• View Profile
on: September 10, 2019, 09:02:31 AM
Love the ENT quote, coincidental that I'm working on the NX class in Avorion right now.

Not sure if it's possible through coding since I'm a bit new to Avorion's LUA scripting, but would you be able to add a sound selection option per weapon class? It would be valuable to people working on SFX mods like myself.

I would love to see this go up on Steam Workshop also, it seems like it would be easier for you to update as well. I know not everyone enjoys using it, though.

darkconsole

• Halfcocked Rage Machine
    • View Profile
    • my game mods (contains nsfw stuff too)
on: September 10, 2019, 09:30:10 AM
Love the ENT quote, coincidental that I'm working on the NX class in Avorion right now.

Not sure if it's possible through coding since I'm a bit new to Avorion's LUA scripting, but would you be able to add a sound selection option per weapon class? It would be valuable to people working on SFX mods like myself.

I would love to see this go up on Steam Workshop also, it seems like it would be easier for you to update as well. I know not everyone enjoys using it, though.

i utterly loath steam workshop so likely no. but i will consider your sound idea to see if it is even possible, i need to update this mod for the new modding system soon anyway.

my hunch is that the sounds are likely not something i can mess with though, i assume they are probably bound to the type of turret.

IcoHarbinger

• View Profile
on: September 11, 2019, 04:07:09 AM

i utterly loath steam workshop so likely no. but i will consider your sound idea to see if it is even possible, i need to update this mod for the new modding system soon anyway.

my hunch is that the sounds are likely not something i can mess with though, i assume they are probably bound to the type of turret.

Yeah, I know a lot of people aren't a big fan of Workshop.

As for the mystery of sounds, I'm guessing so too, but I do know that each type of weapon can have a variety of differing soundscapes, with plasma guns being the best example.

But anyways, good work with the mod so far, I've been absolutely loving it.

FuryoftheStars

• View Profile
on: September 24, 2019, 04:06:13 PM
Hi,

This is the first mod I'm attempting to install for this game that is not Steam Workshop.  By "the game directory", I'm assuming you mean the \Steam\steamapps\common\Avorion location.  However, I've noticed that the %appdata%\Avorion location also has a Mods folder, so I'm just looking for a confirmation/clarification on the install location.

Thanks!

XTRMNTR2K

• View Profile
on: September 24, 2019, 05:09:02 PM
Hi,

This is the first mod I'm attempting to install for this game that is not Steam Workshop.  By "the game directory", I'm assuming you mean the \Steam\steamapps\common\Avorion location.  However, I've noticed that the %appdata%\Avorion location also has a Mods folder, so I'm just looking for a confirmation/clarification on the install location.

Thanks!

It's the steam game directory. I'm using this mod myself (and loving it!).

FuryoftheStars

• View Profile
on: September 24, 2019, 05:47:43 PM
Hi,

Thanks!

It's the steam game directory. I'm using this mod myself (and loving it!).

Thanks!

FuryoftheStars

• View Profile
on: September 25, 2019, 09:55:47 PM
So just got this mod working.  Playing single player, but using the "/tmod" command in chat wasn't doing anything.  When I made the edit to the admin.xml file as if it were multiplayer, that put the icon on screen without having to enter the command, so good to go.

Some quick feedback, though.

Would be nice to have sorting options (if possible).
And it'd be nice to still be able to see the favorite star icon on the turrets (that way I know which ones I've been favoriting for whatever reason).

Haven't had much else for time to use it yet, though, but looks good otherwise!

EDIT: Oops, bug?  When playing on a Creative galaxy, credit only options (like scale) won't work.  Says I don't have enough credits.
EDIT2: Just to throw in another quick observation, the scale slider is difficult to read.  The little block indicating where you are on the slider is super hard to see, and you can't tell what the current position actually relates to size wise.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2019, 10:35:07 PM by FuryoftheStars »

Hypo0008

• View Profile
on: November 16, 2019, 07:52:52 PM
Hey, has anyone updated this to the current game version by chance? I've played with this mod before in the past but can't get it to work on the current build. Do I need to change the scripts? Any help would be appreciated, thanks!