Author Topic: [MOD-Plugin] Loot Collection for Carrier Command  (Read 6578 times)

Padwan

• View Profile
on: March 25, 2018, 10:44:00 PM
This is a plugin for the Carrier Command Mod (see https://www.avorion.net/forum/index.php/topic,4268.0.html).

This will add a new command to make your fighters collect loot for you:

Installation

1. copy the contents of this zip into your Game Directory "Avorion"
2. edit the file mods/CarrierCommander/config/CarrierCommanderConfig.lua and add the folling line to the Config.carrierScripts table definition:
Code: [Select]
loot = {name="lootCommand", path = "mods/CarrierCommander/scripts/entity/ai/"}

3. edit the file mods/CarrierCommander/scripts/lib/lists.lua and add the lines
Code: [Select]

list.actionTostringMap[7] = "Collecting loot."
list.actionToColorMap[7] = ColorRGB(0.1, 0.8, 0.1)

Usage

Ingame in the Settings tab of the Carrier Commander Interface make sure to choose a squad for looting in the "Looting config" section.
Also use the checkboxes to configure what loot your fighters should go after.

Then in the ship commands tab activate the looting command.

Note that the other Carrier Commands might interfere with the looting script if your looting squad has weapons (gravitation turrets count as weapons to), mining lasers or salvaging lasers equipped, you can make dedicated looting fighters using repair turrets to prevent that.

This plugin was developed using Carrier Command version 0.9 and the current default branch of the game (version 0.15.8 ), i haven't tested it with the current beta branch yet.

Happy looting! :)
« Last Edit: March 25, 2018, 11:00:02 PM by Padwan »

Burnthalo

• View Profile
on: March 26, 2018, 06:05:36 AM
Thank you very much. this is working great and catches a lot of loot that was being lost to the despawn timer before.  now if only we could get access to looting cargo rather than loosing that to despawn lol.
I almost used cargo shuttles to do this but since they are common crap I couldn't get the stats I wanted so made the repair fighters like you mentioned.

btw I am using latest stable combined with command carrier 0.10 and this is fine. so its forward compatible for those using cc10!
« Last Edit: March 26, 2018, 06:26:21 AM by Burnthalo »

Sarok

• View Profile
on: March 29, 2018, 11:07:13 AM
thx for the mod!!

Xplod0409

• View Profile
on: March 29, 2018, 11:22:32 AM
Thx for the mod!!
Maybe you can make an anti-torpedo hunter script? So the hunters only hunt incoming torpedoes.
That would be great!

Padwan

• View Profile
on: March 30, 2018, 09:32:03 AM
Thx for the mod!!
Maybe you can make an anti-torpedo hunter script? So the hunters only hunt incoming torpedoes.
That would be great!

I'm not sure that would work, torpedos are pretty fast. Also you can usually shoot them down pretty well with some automated turrets set to defensive mode.

DRMSKR

• View Profile
on: April 04, 2018, 06:01:54 AM
Ok, I think this mod keeps crashing the server. It seems to only crash when using the loot option along with multiple options.

Padwan

• View Profile
on: April 05, 2018, 11:05:29 PM
Ok, I think this mod keeps crashing the server. It seems to only crash when using the loot option along with multiple options.

Thats not much info to work on.. any crash logs? Steps to reproduce?

DRMSKR

• View Profile
on: April 06, 2018, 12:45:29 AM
Ok, it is starting to sound like a bug with the Carrier script for Salvaging, and not the loot plug-in.

Gantradies

• View Profile
on: May 15, 2018, 03:49:58 AM
is there any word on the stability issues? im running a small kludged together modpack on my (underpopulated XD) server, and after we were forced to restart due to issues with the unofficial version of minecorp, ive gotten leary about throwing things in without checking >~<

seumas

• View Profile
on: May 16, 2018, 12:26:16 AM
New to the forum and would love to check out the mod.  Where is the Zip folder to download. Can't seem to find the link.

Thanks!

<edit>  Yep.. figured it out. I forgot to log in and didn't see the last line where the .ZIP link was.  ;-)
« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 12:38:13 AM by seumas »

seumas

• View Profile
on: May 16, 2018, 12:57:29 AM
This might be a bug. I have 6 squads but it will only allow me to go down as far as squad 4 to select. I won't allow me select squad 6.  Could be a resolution thing or the fact that I'm playing on the beta version (single player).  I'm playing at 2560x1440 res.

See attachment for screen shot.

Burnthalo

• View Profile
on: May 16, 2018, 09:32:21 AM
This might be a bug. I have 6 squads but it will only allow me to go down as far as squad 4 to select. I won't allow me select squad 6.  Could be a resolution thing or the fact that I'm playing on the beta version (single player).  I'm playing at 2560x1440 res.

See attachment for screen shot.
you need to scroll the text in the window up farther before opening the drop down. then you can select those farther down without issue.

Hebiko

• View Profile
on: May 24, 2018, 12:38:56 PM
Noticed that when this command is active (and checked the lua code to confirm my suspicions) it generates invisible blocks of wreckage to tell the fighters what position to go. The problem is that my ship's salvage turrets pick these up and immediately destroy them, causing the fighters to do loops. While it works fine if I leave my ship out of range, it's irritating none the less.

Elmruik

• View Profile
on: June 01, 2018, 11:51:01 PM
hey any chance of adding to it for them to pick up cargo too?

Anexgohan

• View Profile
on: August 03, 2018, 02:59:56 PM
Any update to this, doesn't seem to be working on v0.18.2.