Author Topic: Newcomers, introduce yourselves here!  (Read 28189 times)

Cahotage

• View Profile
on: December 11, 2017, 05:12:53 PM
Hello everyone!

I'm usually not much of a poster, more so a lurker.  I love this game though and would like to contribute where I can.  My brother-in-law bought this for me on Steam so I could play it with him on Thanksgiving and I've got over 130 hours into it since then.  Probably too many hours considering I work full time, I'm a full time student and I have a wife & children!  Speaking of children, this game really appeals to my kiddos who generally just play Minecraft when it comes to PC games.  I'm considering purchasing this game for their shared Steam account and letting them play local single player games.

This game really seems to have a great player base and incredible developers.  I'm glad I was introduced to it and hope to get some of my buddies playing it as well.

--Cahotage

Crnobog

• View Profile
on: December 26, 2017, 04:24:13 PM
Hello everyone, Crnobog here!

I found out about this game from Scot Manley and Lath, however I decided on making a purchase on it some time ago because I've spent quite a bit of time lurking on the forum in order to get a feel on what the devs are like, and I quite like what I've seen.

Right now, I spend most of my time tearing down ships that others have made in hopes that I learn how to build something that is not pointed box/cylinder :D

FiDO

• Validus Quod Verus
    • View Profile
on: January 03, 2018, 05:53:30 PM
Just bought the game on the latest Steam sale and got 5 of my friends to also buy it.  We're on Freaks R Us as the Dog Pound faction and are total noobs but are loving discovering the galaxy and the lessons that come with not knowing what we're doing.  The learning curve and punishment of ignorance and risk-taking are really fun. 

Rituro

• View Profile
on: January 11, 2018, 02:02:18 AM
Hi there!

I picked up Avorion on the last Steam sale and haven't regretted it one bit. After seeing co-op ships were possible, I convinced my brother to pick it up and he's hooked, too. Our goal is to start small with basic builds and work our way up to capital ships we can co-pilot (one at the helm, one at weapons/fighters).

So far, we've been distracted by making the most effective salvaging craft we can to pick off the remains of pirate/alien attacks. Still, it's kept us up hours into the night as we fine-tune and rebuild, so we must be having fun!

Looking forward to seeing how Avorion progresses through Early Access. This is truly an excellent concept for a game and I can't wait to see what comes next. (If I might make a suggestion, maybe some sort of AA or flak gun to take care of those pesky fighters that stick around even after their mothership is destroyed?)

SpaceMonkey

• View Profile
on: January 18, 2018, 04:45:39 PM
Hello out there!

I picked up this game recently and have already dumped over 30 hours into it.

I freaking love this game.

I lucked out and found titanium quickly, and build a nice light and fast craft to do sort of a little of everything. I've barely made it to 3rd tier materials! I get so distracted, mining, salvaging, harassing pirates, fighting aliens, and trading cargo.

I feel like Avorion has the right balance of complexity and simplicity. It' got all the nuance you could need, without killing your CPU or GPU with needless frills. Plus, my video card is kind of a potato and this game runs amazingly well.

I'm going to buy a couple copies for friends.

DeathTech

• View Profile
on: January 19, 2018, 04:24:28 AM
Hi my name is DeathTech. People call me DeeTee.

I am a jack of many trades and a streamer/youtuber.
About two months ago I also joined the Dutch translation team.

And I love building stations. But the rent is too damn high.
Thinking about making some Avorion videos for my channel.

I guess thats it. :3

ps. Avorion is currently my favorite space game.

urthsong

• View Profile
on: June 01, 2018, 05:41:59 PM
Hello everyone.   I started playing a week ago and I'm hooked.  Great game!

Trance

• <to be filled by OEM>
    • View Profile
    • my dedicated AVORION-Server(WIP) and server-homepage(WIP)
on: June 13, 2018, 01:34:07 PM
I'm here! And I love Watermelons and AVORION !

My long-term approach is building a Warterminateleon!

I know AVORION for 320 in-game hours now and  I'm very enthusiastic about this and can hardly wait for the next versions and future of this game!

I'm experimenting a lot with a dedicated server I set up for this game and the fun and possibilities I can imagine raise each day!

My Warterminateleon won't be ready until release, because I'm spending almost all free time on the server setup and writing lua etc. But it will come!

I'm happy to see you all here!
#include <avorion>

LavenderBites

• View Profile
on: July 29, 2018, 09:58:07 AM
Hey all,

I'm a software person. I mean, writey-softwarey-person. Totally not a robot. Human.

Stumbled across Avorion, found it to be quite suitable for my relaxing tastes - grinding away at things at my own pace while enjoying the lovely atmospheric look, feel & sound.

<3 to y'all.

Riftmaster

• View Profile
on: July 31, 2018, 02:16:01 AM
Hi.

A brother pointed me towards Avorion.

I like it.

Want to have minion AI ships but not sure if that's working well enough yet.

Enjoying it nevertheless.