Author Topic: [MOD][OPW] Overpowered Weaponry  (Read 12736 times)

fordhamflash

• View Profile
on: April 12, 2019, 02:56:10 AM
This is cool.

Question. Is there any reason you couldn't add additional weapons? Plasma weapons, cannons, bolter, lightning, tesla, etc?

Laserzwei

• View Profile
on: April 12, 2019, 09:19:50 AM
This is cool.

Question. Is there any reason you couldn't add additional weapons? Plasma weapons, cannons, bolter, lightning, tesla, etc?
This mod is a proof-of-concept to show modders, what and how to do weapon modding. It's quite dated (from March 2017!) and will be deprecated in 0.21[current Beta], where the weapon API has changed. For now it still works with 0.20.
I may pick it back up, when the Modding-Workshop-Update (either 0.22 or 0.23) will hit
My Mod Collection
My Discord     screw google captcha
My Github
Questions?
> PM me here on the forums!

fordhamflash

• View Profile
on: April 12, 2019, 09:25:51 PM
Bahhh! Great! I spent about 14 hours yesterday looking at all that code!

I have now figured out how to generate any type of customized turret which is cool. I was going to work on fighters and torpedos as well.

HUGE learning curve for me, but fun stuff.

P.S. Your mods are awesome. Thanks.

fordhamflash

• View Profile
on: April 12, 2019, 09:36:56 PM
Laserzwei - Can I ask you a fragen?

I'm trying to figure out how to generate a custom coaxial weapon. Like I said in the prior post, I have pretty much figured out how to generate any type of custom turret. From I can tell, a coaxial weapon is pretty much a "toggle" (either true or false) and of course there are damage adjustments, etc.

But I can't figure out how to "toggle" on the coaxial weapon.

My coding background basically consists of writing games in BASIC back in high school (errr, 30+ years ago) so this is all a bit over my head, but fun to try to figure out.

fordhamflash

• View Profile
on: April 13, 2019, 01:24:04 PM
Laserzwei - Can I ask you a fragen?

I'm trying to figure out how to generate a custom coaxial weapon. Like I said in the prior post, I have pretty much figured out how to generate any type of custom turret. From I can tell, a coaxial weapon is pretty much a "toggle" (either true or false) and of course there are damage adjustments, etc.

But I can't figure out how to "toggle" on the coaxial weapon.

My coding background basically consists of writing games in BASIC back in high school (errr, 30+ years ago) so this is all a bit over my head, but fun to try to figure out.

Actually, I think I figured it out!!!

But now the next question -- how to customize torpedos??????

fordhamflash

• View Profile
on: May 06, 2019, 03:35:50 AM
This is cool.

This mod is a proof-of-concept to show modders, what and how to do weapon modding. It's quite dated (from March 2017!) and will be deprecated in 0.21[current Beta], where the weapon API has changed. For now it still works with 0.20.
I may pick it back up, when the Modding-Workshop-Update (either 0.22 or 0.23) will hit

So would this not work anymore? I'm just trying to learn enough to make my own custom weapons. I've had a bit of success but did read about some changes with the API. Honestly, I can't figure out what those changes are (because there's no sample mods for me to look through).