Author Topic: Acuddle's minimods (Now with a Weapon Balance Mod !)  (Read 648 times)

Kamo

• Cuddles float better in space~
    • View Profile
on: April 02, 2019, 01:42:24 PM
Here's some of the mods I use~

Game-changing mods

The following four mods are now in a workshop-compatible pack !
[0.23.3] Bulk TCS V1.4 - Alternative to Admiralkio's Unbelievable Amount of Turrets. They have three classes/scales in addition to rarity : a common subcapital class for cruisers hungry for omicron, an uncommon capital class to equip million-hp destroyers with, and a rare supercapital class for ships like the CII Bellator, Super Star Destroyers, Death Stars and the like. Some of them also have civilian turrets to allow for salvager-equipped capital ships.
[0.23.3] Shadok Pumping Array (delta version) - A non-percentile energy generator module. Get mechanics pumping to power the ship ::) ! Warning: if you have the alpha version, uninstall all pumping arrays to avoid imminent catastrophic ship failure by massive lack of mechanics ::)...
[0.23.3] Shadok Hydraulic Rowing Fit - A non-percentile engine upgrade. Get a big percentage (36% to 60%) of your mechanics pumping to make the ship move without an engine. Yup, pretty weird.
[0.23.3] Shadok Mast Lookout Fit - A non-percentile, powerful scanner upgrade that uses captains ! Uses 1 (3/4 chance), 2 (3/16 chance) or 3 (1/16 chance) of them, and can be perma-installed to be boosted with energy. Awesome for pirates ! Somehow boosting goggles and telescopes by cramming energy into them !

[0.23.3] Acuddle's Weapon Balance Mod (Beta Version) - A mod that rebalances weapon spawn and give weapons fairer attributes: balanced damage (hopefully)... and they are bigger too, especially late-game (but you'll see some cool things even early on :)). There are also rare variants of most weapons~ ::).

Utility
The Background Music Script Builder (V2) is alas not yet (easily) makeable, and the Wraparound Fixes too (I'd reckon those would be even harder).
« Last Edit: June 24, 2019, 10:07:24 PM by Kamo »
Colorize messages, with the colors of materials (from wiki) !
Ir #FFB380 Ti #FFFFFF Na #4DFF4D Tr #4D9AFF Xa #FFFF4D Og #FF8133 Av #FF2626

Kamo

• View Profile
on: April 02, 2019, 06:09:36 PM
Today I updated the Bulk TCS mod to have more capital class (30% instead of 20%) and supercapital class (10% instead of 2%) modules popping up. At least you'll have things to research !
The Shadok Pumping Array also has been upgraded with a nice description text, and a typo on the B-TCS one has been corrected.

Kamo

• View Profile
on: May 08, 2019, 12:15:46 PM
Today I updated the Bulk TCS because I forgot to show in the tooltip that it had to be perma-installed to function :).

Kamo

• View Profile
on: June 24, 2019, 10:14:20 PM
I removed the Wraparound since it should have much less use now, and the Music file Builder is down since you need er... a better thing... er, anyway, we need a better modder to do it in my place.
But I made a pack with my four old mods "rewritten" to accomodate to the new Workshop Mod standard, and there's a new, bigger one: a Weapon Balance Mod ! Here be spoilers, details are supposed to be a surprise~ ! If you like big weapons, you'll be there for a treat, especially as you advance :).

Spoiler: show
- All weapons (but point defense) have a 15% chance to be generated Coaxial
- All weapons types have been buffed/nerfed according to a pros and cons listing of their secondary attributes.
- Chainguns, Bolters, Cannons and Point Defense Lasers have been buffed.
- Teslas do more damage and Lightning Guns less (since they're long range) and both use 5 times as much energy
- Railguns have been nerfed to normal-looking damage levels (they are still kinda strong though)
- Launchers are now either seeker and very weak, or non-seeker and much stronger but imprecise: they are now danmaku emitters :smiley: ! May cause a lot of friendly fire between NPC factions though :acud_mustbeayukionna:.
- Force Guns have 100 times more force. They're now usable without having to look at the HUD for 1 m/s changes :grinning:.
- Mining and Salvaging lasers and their Raw counterparts have their beams extended by 50% to reduce chance of getting stuck with roids at the edge of their theoretical range.
- Most weapons have different sizes, but it'd be too long to do the listing, I must go to work
- There are now rare variants of weapons, such as the chainbolter(Bolters fire slower, but chainguns can be chainbolters who are rapid-fire bolters, yay !), the pseudotorpedo launcher (big coax launcher with precise and damaging but very slow rockets for capship/station bombing), freon lasers that break rock, milspec (R-)salvagers that break shields, heavy-duty R-miners ("Holy shit! It pierces asteroids !"), low-yield miners (who mine slowly and efficiently at a pretty long range), pulse giminy crickets (:misi_sayori_ehehe:), impulse force cannons (slow-charging cannons that whack enemies with tremendous force), automatic railguns (that burst fire, may penetrate more and have more chance of simutaneous firing).

Weapon core distances in the mod: Bolter, Anti-Fighter Gun, R-Mining, R-Salvaging: 700 (everywhere)
Chainguns, Point Defense Chainguns: 500 (plain iron)
Cannon, Mining, Salvaging: 475 (very early tita)
Point Defense Laser: 450 (early tita)
Pulse Cannon, Laser: 425 (middle tita)
Repair Turret: 400 (late tita)
Force Turret, Launcher: 375 (very late tita)
Plasma: 350 (early nao)
Tesla: 325 (late nao)
Lightning: 275 (early-to-middle tri)
Railgun: 250 (middle tri)

...oh
and beware very slow big red rockets, those are Pseudotorpedoes and do a lot of damage. Don't drive into 'em :D !