Author Topic: [MOD] [Stable 0.21.4] Avorion Multiverse Beta 1.31  (Read 12514 times)

wingweaver415

• View Profile
on: January 25, 2019, 04:41:17 PM
Is there install instructions for this mod? I tried installing it based on the names of the folders and looking in the game directory, but there were alot of files to overwrite, in the end it broke the game and i had to reverify files.

Popokattepetel

• View Profile
on: January 25, 2019, 06:05:33 PM
Ah sorry,

i dont add the install and uninstall instruction in the 1.2 readme.

How to install:
   - Put all the folders found in the *.zip file at "Avorion\Data\" folder and override all.
   - Start the game and change the language to "AM_*" because the factionnames do not match with standard language.

How to quick uninstall:
   - Delete the "Avorion\Data\scrips" folder.
   - Make a gamerepair over Steam by "right click" on game and "click" on properties, "click" on "local data"
     "click" on "verify integrity of game cache", done
   - Start the game and change the language into you normal language.

How to 100% uninstall:
   - Delete the "Avorion\Data\Mods\Avorion Multiverse" folder.
   - Delete following files at "Avorion\Data\localization\": AM_English.xml, AM_English.po, AM_German.xml, AM_German.po
   - Make a gamerepair over Steam by "right click" on game and "click" on properties, "click" on "local data"
     "click" on "verify integrity of game cache", done.
   - Start the game and change the language into you normal language.guage.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2019, 06:10:26 PM by Popokattepetel »

WSY

• There is only one way to be sure.
    • View Profile
on: February 08, 2019, 05:21:13 PM
This is fantastic that someone is tackling this. I have not tried it yet, but I had a couple quick questions:

Is this mod able to handle carriers and their fighters?

I could probably look through the code and get a rough idea...maybe...but figured I would just ask you directly 😉

Popokattepetel

• View Profile
on: February 25, 2019, 05:00:57 PM
Is this mod able to handle carriers and their fighters?
What do you mean? The game can handle carrier already and the mod do not change it. There is a little change in the current version
to the amount of fighters each npc carrier can use depending on the ship size. i changed this a bit for next version. for now the fighters
do not changed in style, because i dont found a way yet.

Skeeletor

• View Profile
on: March 04, 2019, 07:59:18 PM
Are the factions gated to certain distances from the core?  About 50% of the time when I start a new game the only factions around are the vanilla ones, and the rest of the time it's Nova Corp.  Sometimes I'll start out an ally to Nova Corp and enemy to another faction that is also Nova Corp.  I haven't seen any other faction yet but I haven't played more than an hour into it any one game.

The shipyard changes are nice and honestly something like that should be in the base game.

Edit: With enough restarts I was able to find some of the other factions so it's just chance.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2019, 12:47:53 AM by Skeeletor »

Popokattepetel

• View Profile
on: March 06, 2019, 08:20:15 PM
It's very rare to get that thing you have got in your first savegame ;)

The mod change the standard factions into new like Nova Corp, but not randomly at this time. If the game spawns only
factions they include "Guild" or "Syndicate" they will be changed into Nova Corp. If the faction do not contain any
keywords the will be do not changed because i want to keep a hand full vanilla factions. How do the game distribute
the faction names... i dont know ^^

In my current savegame i dont see a ship from warhammer 40k faction except for one trader  :o
I think its random but i see it positive because my next game should be more different than my last :)

Skeeletor

• View Profile
on: March 06, 2019, 10:02:46 PM
Can the factions spawn with the unique names but with vanilla ships and stations?  One time on starting a new game my starting sector was controlled by MHM but all their ships blueprints, stations, and shipyard were just the vanilla ones. Similarly I've seen SeaFox spawn with just vanilla ships.  Nova Corp and Brankor I've seen spawn with unique ships and stations so far.

Popokattepetel

• View Profile
on: March 07, 2019, 05:54:03 PM
Its not a bug its a feature.... No its a bug ;)

I have fixed it for the next version for MHM faction, for SeaFox i dont noticed it yet, thx for report i need to take a look at.

Luisedgm

• View Profile
on: March 11, 2019, 02:17:46 AM
Hey nice mod, are you still accepting more factions?
I have some old stuff i made, i focused more on stations than ships, so if you want to make this a tiny 1 sector faction i wouldn`t mind
https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=1477350897

It has been a while since i played so i don`t know if all designs still work
Lorewise Aurora Corp would exist in the zone around the barrier, but i don`t mind if you make it spawn anywhere.

CaoCao777

• View Profile
on: March 14, 2019, 07:22:34 AM
I notice some factions have like 30 - 40 or so ships in a sector (MANY more than vanilla game), its too much for my potato PC, is there some way to make them spawn less ships??

also it doesnt seem like the shipyards allow me to build any ships (i have admired)

and MHM seem to have vanilla random ships
« Last Edit: March 14, 2019, 07:28:15 AM by CaoCao777 »

Popokattepetel

• View Profile
on: March 19, 2019, 05:18:06 PM
@Luisedgm: At the moment i canĀ“t spawn a faction at a specified place like around barrier but i can make a new mixed faction with your ships and stations and i can fill it up with others.

@CaoCao777: The bug that MHM do only spawn vanilla ships are fixed with next version. The amount of ships are random in avorion multiverse because the vanilla game spawns 5 or 3 ships in every sector. With later version of avorion multiverse i want to set up a config file for you all to change some settings like the amount of ships they spawns as defender.

Dracolich

• View Profile
on: April 08, 2019, 11:22:09 AM
Hey hey, thank you for this. Quick note; In your asyncpirategen doc on line 190 you have "createScaledRaider" when it should be  "createScaledRavager". 

Popokattepetel

• View Profile
on: April 15, 2019, 05:27:41 PM
Hi Dracolich :)

Thats from the devs not from me, i changed nothing on that line ;)

Elmruik

• View Profile
on: April 22, 2019, 07:13:47 AM
Me and a friend are doing a playthrough and it seems that after adding this mod there are no longer any jump gates between sectors and we havent seen a single ai ship yet. (edit) got it working but now they spam their thanks after killing pirates
« Last Edit: April 23, 2019, 03:20:04 AM by Elmruik »

Popokattepetel

• View Profile
on: April 23, 2019, 02:55:43 PM
@Elmruik: I tried to become a spam from killing pirates but without success...

Plz try to reinstall the Mod like this:

How to 100% uninstall:
   - Delete the "Avorion\Data\Mods\Avorion Multiverse" folder.
     "click" on "verify integrity of game cache", done.
   - Download the mod version 1.3 for Avorion 0.21.4 r15002 (post#1)
   - Put all the folders found in the *.zip file at "Avorion\Data\" folder and override all.

If that do not work, in which pirate attack event/quest you got the bug? Pirates spawn in sector and you kill them or you take a quest to kill a pirate sector or pirates are attacking a trader or you go to help a distress signal or other??