Author Topic: Torp blueprints.  (Read 200 times)

Torroc

• View Profile
on: September 16, 2018, 07:30:05 PM
Alright, So i love the idea we can make our own fighters in game on our ships, But what about torps?

I could see a similar system working well with the torps haveing to go and find a torp factory and buy a blueprint for it. anyone else thing this will make torps alittle more useable?

Kamo

• Cuddles float better in space~
    • View Profile
on: September 16, 2018, 09:01:34 PM
Buyable blueprints might be cool because of torpedo size differences...
I just made my Naddition War Scavenger able to load size-9 torpedoes (which is already huge) to murder enemies that interrupts her salvaging, but there are size-10 and size-10,5 torpedoes for sale in my Xanion Yard :P ! So a lot of the time I load size-2,5 on my size-3,5 launchers on my Naru, and so on~.
I think torpedo shafts needs to be at least a cube of the size, so size-4+ torpedo launchers tend to be enormous, and size-9+ is both almost insane to look at, even mounted in stations or destroyers, and ridiculously space-eating. I'm at the point where 120-size-8-fighter-hangars (12x12x16) are almost smaller than the torpedo shafts (I'm aiming for size-16 :o on my future Xaniongrade Heavy Station, though it'll be unique).
Fortunately it seems the only difference torpedo size does is... range, which is a non-issue as base range goes already further than almost all gun ranges :).

Another cool thing might be torpedo blueprinting on ships themselves, like it's done for fighters.
We also lack torpedo transfer: my Hotaru heavy cargo has torpedo storage at this effect to resupply the odd Irongrade bomber ::).
Colorize messages, with the colors of materials (from wiki) !
Ir #FFB380 Ti #FFFFFF Na #4DFF4D Tr #4D9AFF Xa #FFFF4D Og #FF8133 Av #FF2626

DivineEvil

• View Profile
on: September 17, 2018, 03:46:44 AM
Definitely. Its pretty much the only drawback of torpedoes - the fact, that you have to buy them all the time. The way they're launched, the flight, explosion, sounds, variable models - I like all of it. Manually resupplying them is a pain tho.
"Well, Charanpal... I guess that makes us even.
I, uh... I always thought I'd have something clever to say in this moment. You know, something pithy.  Even a little ironic, but... memorable. But I can't think of a fucking thing.
Oh well..."
- Expanse Original TV Series