Author Topic: Trimaran Hull Designs  (Read 1922 times)

Cpt. Madman

• I like my ships like my Music, Heavy and Metal!
    • View Profile
on: November 05, 2018, 11:34:18 PM
I want to bring my own opinion on the Audaces and her sistership.

First I like the top and down view, it looks agressiv, it has profile, its something to remember.

But I dont like the Broadside view,
The enginepods are way to large they cover anything of the ship that is interesting without being interesting enough on their own.
I would advise to shrink the outer enginepods or at least put some stripes on the sides or some ornaments. Or you build some turret emplacements on the sides.
Also the thrusters look a bit cheap, give them some depth so they dosent look like old TV screens.

Its just what I think you could improve.

Jester

• View Profile
on: November 06, 2018, 01:09:18 PM
a
« Last Edit: November 06, 2018, 01:11:55 PM by Jester »

Jester

• View Profile
on: November 06, 2018, 01:11:12 PM
Yes, I am also not a big fan of the TV screen things on the engines. 

Warrax

• View Profile
on: November 08, 2018, 10:57:21 PM
I want to bring my own opinion on the Audaces and her sistership.

First I like the top and down view, it looks agressiv, it has profile, its something to remember.

But I dont like the Broadside view,
The enginepods are way to large they cover anything of the ship that is interesting without being interesting enough on their own.
I would advise to shrink the outer enginepods or at least put some stripes on the sides or some ornaments. Or you build some turret emplacements on the sides.
Also the thrusters look a bit cheap, give them some depth so they dosent look like old TV screens.

Its just what I think you could improve.

Hi Cpt Madman.

I like your ideas, and its great to hear your feedback, so thank you:

• I agree the Engine Pods could be smaller, though this would change the inherent character of this current Trimaran design.  Instead, I will likely apply your suggestion to other designs.  I had not mentioned this before, so ... The Centre Main, the Main Pods, and the Inner Pods are on a scaling of 1:1, 1:2/3 and 1:1/3 ratios.  I do this to balance the proportions within this particular design;
  • And yes, the Engines themselves do look kinda like TV Screens.  I am still scanning for a simple yet elegant approach.  I think I may have struck on something with the engine design on the AntithesisPosted here.  This was my first experiment in this styling form, so I need to learn a bit more, i think.  :)

I have not much modified the Trimaran design from its original inspiration (Feb 2017).
I have a new design on the drawing board (in my Excel spreadsheet) that significantly modifies the Trimarans and am going to construct the first one in-game this upcoming weekend.  The upcoming ship is intended to be a 10 slot, named Avaris.

If it looks good, and improves the speed of construction (real-time efforts), I may adopt this for my remaining designs for the 11 thru 15+ designs.

Appreciate your feedback, Madman.  I hope you keep designing and posting yourself.  I like your productions.

Cheers
 8)
Ship designs:  The Crab, Tie Interceptor,  Aurum,  Audaces, Avaris, and  Aegoran
Go to: Trimaran Hull Designs

Warrax

• View Profile
on: November 10, 2018, 04:50:12 PM
I appreciate feedback. 
And with prompting from Cpt. Madman and Jester I decided to take Engine Nozzling on as a design challenge.

If you would like to see what Cpt. Madman has done with his Engine Nozzling, you can see his thread here.
Nice work Madman  :D

My first attempt at Engine Nozzling is featured with three pics, here, in my Design Post (in this thread).
One pic is presented below.

Cheers

Ship designs:  The Crab, Tie Interceptor,  Aurum,  Audaces, Avaris, and  Aegoran

Warrax

• View Profile
on: November 11, 2018, 04:49:33 AM

Just posted Avaris here.
Or refer to Table of Contents, this thread.

Cpt. Madman

• I like my ships like my Music, Heavy and Metal!
    • View Profile
on: November 11, 2018, 08:56:09 PM
Well thats an improvement!
I like it.

Jester

• View Profile
on: November 13, 2018, 08:49:22 PM

Just posted Avaris here.
Or refer to Table of Contents, this thread.

Nice !!
Avaris looks great.  Super maneuverable, well done !!
I also like the dramatic poses, lol  8)

I liked the body style of your designs before, but the Avaris seems to take it up a notch.  And I agree, completing the bridge area this way is much cleaner looking with the contiguous lines.
The engine nozzles are cool too.

Not sure why you are not posting your xml's, but can you please mail me the xml for Avaris.  I want to try her out.
In return, I will try my hand at making a variation of your engine nozzle.

Thank you