Author Topic: [German] Improvements  (Read 775 times)

bilboffm

• View Profile
on: October 26, 2018, 04:22:54 PM
Dear all,

I'd like to work on improving german wordings. Though there is really much work done and done well, there are many things, that could be written a bit better, like:

"bekommst" instead of "kriegst"
"... springen in den Sektor" instead of "... tauchen auf"

What do others think?

I really love this game and support it by buying licenses and sendig them as a gift to friends.
Additionally I'd like to support it by improving the german wording to make it look better.

I am experienced with that and offer my help... if you want it.  ;)
... in early facebook days, Ii helped to translate facebook and  now my translations are seen 400 -  500 million times per month as facebook reports to me.

Regards

bilboffm

cepheni

• Developer
    • View Profile
on: October 30, 2018, 11:56:53 AM
We probably won't open up the German translation to the public but I'm always happy to get tips so that we can improve it :)

bilboffm

• View Profile
on: November 17, 2018, 08:20:16 PM
hehe,  a bit difficult, seeing some text for a second or two in game,  keep it in mind and write it down and then find some better words...

an extract of the german lines in a text file could help, but, well... no public translation

Ghost722nd

• View Profile
on: November 19, 2018, 12:43:31 PM
After a hundred times reading this line, I have to post it:

"Wenn du mit zusammen mit deinen Freunden spielst, kannst du eine Allianz gründen um als Fraktion zusammenzuarbeiten."

Little Bug:

Instead of showing the translated line it shows the english one:

"\\'+stats\\' in Tooltips zeigen, wie viel besser der Geschützturm im Vergleich zu anderen, durchschnittlichen Geschützen des gleichen Tech-Levels ist. Sie (+x Effizienz/DPS/Reichweite) sind bereits in den obigen Zahlen enthalten!"
I'm not a signature, I only clean here!

cepheni

• Developer
    • View Profile
on: November 20, 2018, 10:31:20 AM
Thank you for reporting, those are fixed now :)

Qui_Sum

• Developer
    • View Profile
on: December 18, 2018, 10:47:52 AM
an extract of the german lines in a text file could help, but, well... no public translation

You can find the translation file in the steam install folder: steamapps/common/Avorion/data/localization/deutsch.po
If you like you can send an improved file back to us, we'd appreciate it  :)