Author Topic: TIPS FOR SHIP BUILDING  (Read 178 times)

mario365

• View Profile
on: June 24, 2019, 05:43:14 PM

Spaced armor is a tank term (learned that in a tank game, hehe) meaning that there is space between armor plating and hull. Ablative means just that, it will shed as it takes damage, keeping the hull underneath intact, as opposed to being an integral part of the hull and this gets damaged too. Game mechanics allow ablation of thin plates of armor, but not of thick blocks because of wreckage chance, i.e. several blocks attached to each other break off from the main assembly with the weakest block popping instead of the block that takes the initial hit. In other words, armor must be weaker than what's underneath in order to shed and protect internals, rather than to remain intact and transfer damage to internals.

Field of fire for turrets is a half sphere, where surface plane tilt determines field of fire tilt. If turret is on an angle, its field of fire is tilted according to angle tilt, i.e. 22.5d, 30d, 45d, etc.

Imagine we cut a sphere in half on horizontal plane, then tilt it forward. That's field of fire 1. Now imagine we rotate this half sphere clockwise 90 degrees. That's field of fire 2.

Ya, the framework/field thing, I'm not too sure anymore. I think it's a matter of the field itself, i.e. is it strong enough to spread across the framework blocks? They were farthest than other blocks, and the field block was pretty small, so I could have been mistaken about that.

Found another trick to change internals easily. Zoom inside the ship, then click select, it should indicate selection on the bottom right, also allowing to change the block. I just did that with my current ship. Easier than to remove a bunch of armor templates, but then I also did that cuz I wanted to revert to 0.05 plates instead of 0.1 plates. We can also focus on an internal block we selected.

A trick to scale whole ship, if you keep same ship across several scaling as you progress through materials/size. Remove all armor plates, save ship, then scale. Once scaled, put on armor plates. Otherwise, armor plates also scale, they get thicker/heavier as you scale up. Also, since internals are exposed, it's quicker to adjust once scaled, cuz not everything scales equally, i.e. thrusters for example.
สมัครw88