Author Topic: Reconstruction token. Price exploit an bug?  (Read 278 times)

xisec

• View Profile
on: September 21, 2019, 06:31:34 PM
THE EXPLOIT.

Well, I have just started a game with newest features, but it seems that reconstruction tokens have an obvious exploit:
  • You can use a low price design to buy a reconstruction token, and then apply your main ship design.

For example, you can use a low price design to buy a reconstruction token (for example, for 1000 credits), and then evolve the ship applying your main design (for example, with a price of 50k credits). If you are destroyed, your 50k ship is restored.

I wonder for a solution...
Maybe,  if a ship with a bought token increases in a certain %, the price that the ship had when the token was bougth (30%, for example), the token may be invalidated. Maybe with a message like:
Your ship has increased its token value too much. The reconstruction token must be updated.

If it a ship with a invalidated token is destroyed, it can't be reconstructed, and the token price is returned.

Free tokens (those that are gift at lower difficulties when a ship is found, and so on) are special, because they are not affected by the exploit, so they would not  be affected with this mechanic.

THE PRICE

Also, I have noticed that the token price is  usually higher than the ~30%. In fact, it is more often  ~60%.
Do you have noticed any reason? May be a bug?

Rinart73

• Discord: Rinart73#7304
    • View Profile
on: January 16, 2020, 12:52:42 PM
I already spoke with the devs about it and they don't want to "fix" it because in their opinion it's not a bug, they said they're fine with "gifting" first token for a ship for a smaller price.